Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having probelm with preview

Hi,
    I am a new bluevoda user and I'm still learning about it.
    Right now I am having problem with previewing the page, when I created a navigation and go to preview it doesn't do anything. My question is do I have to publish the site before I can see the effect of the navigation feature? (Basically what I did in navigation was I change the color of the text when I mouse over it)

Also when I created a rollover, then preview the page, the image did not change as well when I mouse over it. Even though I have the same size for both pictures.

Can anyone tell me what did I do wrong? Do I have to install anything to my window so that both navigation and rollover will work on preview?
    By the way, I use window XP with SP3.
    Thank you very much

Nick

Re: Having probelm with preview

Hello Nick

To publish your pages you will need a Vodahost Account. At just over $7 a month it is very Inexpensive.

I prefer to look at my pages after they are published so you can see what they may look like in your browser and other browsers, ie Firefox, ie, mozilla etc. If you have created a Navagation Link then you would need to publish the page you are navigating too if that is what you mean.

You may find the rollover will work better once you publish the page!!!
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Thanks Phil for your response.
      May be I have to publish my page first just like you said.
      But basically, if it is possible I want to see how my page looks like before I publish it.
      So is there anyway I can see the effect of the rollover and navigation bar in my preview? From what I have read on this thread, it seems that people were able to see the effect of the rollover and navigation bar in their preview. But for some reason they did not show up in mine.
      By the way I use Bluevoda 10.1 ( I guest that's the latest version).
      Thanks again for any help.

Nick

Comment

Navigation will only work on publish. You can preview the overall look of your page but to check navigation it must be published...
        Karen Williams
        Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

For additional information, what I mean by the effect of the navigation bar is that the color of the text is changing when I mouse over it. For some reason I could not see it on my preview. The same as in rollover bar, when I preview the page, the picture in rollover bar is not changing when I mouse over it. Anybody know why?

thanks

Comment

You posted just the same time as me, so to check navigation, you must publish.
            Karen Williams

Comment

Ok, thanks Karen.

Nick

Comment

Once you publish, is it doing what you want?
                Karen Williams

Comment

Not really. I don't know what the problems are. Even after I published the site, the mouseover effect is not working.
                  I don't know if it is a bug or something. Or do I have to install something to my window? I have installed jave to my computer, but it didn't help.

Nick

Comment

Karen I've found out what the problem is. If I open my site with IE7 the mouseover effect won't work, but when I open it with firefox it works. Do you know why? What set up do I have to change in my IE7? thanks

Nick

Comment

I hope someone will come along to help you with that mouseover effect...I really can't help you with that...or maybe post a new thread with "mouseover works in FF but not IE...why?" I am sure there is someone on this forum who can help you.
                      Karen Williams

Comment

Hi,

Try going to IE browser options>advanced and select all the options
                        especially the transition checkbox if you want to use BV transitions
                        with your webpages.
                        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                        X