Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submit Button

Re: http://www.esuranceplan.com/life.html

When a web visitor fills out personal data form to get a term life quote, how do I revise it to reflect the following (if the form has missing information like a phone #):

The fields highlighted in red above are missing or invalid.

Stephen

Re: Submit Button

On the form you double click each and every edit box you want the user to have to fill in, name each accordingly (name, address, phone, etc.) then click the validate tab and set the data type you want, check the costom error message, and type in the message you want to be displayed (such as Enter phone number). Set the data length and text format. Do this for each edit box. Hint to set the tab order, right click the one you want to be first and "bring to front" repeat for the second and so on.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Ed,

Thanks for the tip. I will introduce the "required" copy slowly to see what the public will accept.

Stephen

Comment

The ONLY ways to do it is with Javascript or a php script that will validate, set the color of the specific fields in Red, and send the user back to the form itself, along with the necessary error messages.
        Have a look at this one i built a couple of years ago for a client:

Please note that such a form / script requires coding experience.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hey Navaldesign.

Unfortunately, I do not have coding experience. I checked out your client's site, and it is just what I was looking for. Thanks for your advice. But, for the time being, I'll make do with the traditional method mentioned by Ed...and see how it works. Thanks again.

Stephen

Comment

Working...
          X