Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check out My FREE Guitar Lessons Website!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out My FREE Guitar Lessons Website!

I'm excited to get some feedback on my new website on learning the guitar by DVD. Thanks so much. www.marksmusic7.com

Re: Check out My FREE Guitar Lessons Website!

Hi Mark

Nice graphics and video!

I would add more pages - at least one page for each volume of your guitar lessons - linked to from the homepage.
    I'd add more info about the lessons, including what makes your method of training different to others, and what people can expect to gain through doing the lessons. (Eg. Are the lessons as good/better/different than other guitar lesson DVDs?)

I personally find the paypal buttons off-putting as they are the most prominent feature when the homepage opens. I like to know what a site is about and what it offers before I even think about buying anything. I would place the paypal buttons on pages which describe the lessons in more detail.

It would be nice to also add some free stuff - some video lessons to show people your style - -and maybe even some footage of your band playing (which of course is also a chance to add in some more great guitar sound! :) )

Maybe you could also add a mission statement on why you want to give guitar lessons away for free.

I would make your page/s no wider than 1000 pixels - as I had to scroll across my screen to see all your site (and there's nothing on the far right anyway)

Best of luck with your site!

Comment

The landing page is good you need to expand the page all the way down you have white space showing, also you have saying 30 dollar donation you have a pay pal buy now it should be pay pal donation I also checked the pay pal checkout you should mention about the shipping charges some where on your website but you don't you can make up a small policy page and place the shipping there when doing business on the internet its a must to have a policy page it protects you if theres a misunderstanding and its good protocol. Well good luck I myself played guitar for now saying over 35 years and being in bands of the sixies and 70es. Good luck
      sigpicJoe
      Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Thanks so much for your reviews. I've fixed all that I could today including the paypal buttons; however, I still don't know how to add new pages to my website, but i'm sure i'll get the time to figure that out soon. The customer testimonials tell how my methods are different and what one can expect. As far as the white space at the end of the page, I've been working on that for nearly a month trying to figure it out, but with no luck still... :o(
        The paypal button says "pay now" not "buy now" and it's the only way I can get them to donate with an optional subscription if they want to continue past the initial 30 days. I also added a * next to the word "free" and included (S&H) as well. I'm not sure about the policy page, but i'll definately look into that as well...
        I sincerely appreciate your feedback... thanks so very much!

Comment

I would really appreciate more reviews if possible. Thanks again.

Comment

YOur site is nice, but i think the background is a little too dark. By the way you play good; how can i learn guitar?
            http://www.webstarone.com Provides website solutions and marketing for the small business.

Comment

Hello Mark; to fix your white space at the bottom of the page, go to page properties and adjust the length of you page to the number of pixels that you are using. I would add an About Us page perhaps showing you playing or teaching. I also think a Contact Us page is very important. If you made the home page, then making these other pages are a breeze. I like the video you have on your home page but i would use a more professional camera to capture the film. The quality of the film will enhance your site. It's not very expensive and I would think with the contacts you and your band have you would find someone to make the movie clip. I believe film on websites is the new threshold for success. Good luck!
              mrmagoo144
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks so much for your input everyone...much appreciated. Oh, Momsmacktalk, thanks for the compliment! You can get my free learn guitar DVD at my website www.marksmusic7.com thanks for your support everyone.

Comment

please visit www.marksmusic7.com and let me know what you think.

Comment

Mark,
                    You have a good start. Just a couple of things, your page is 800x600 scaled to 1259x897 change this so the image matches the scaled size. To add more pages, just creat them like you did the first one, name them, and upload them. Then you can edit your home page to have buttons to go to the other named pages. There is a forum topic about just this topic, lower. The comments obove are very good and with a few more pages you will have a great start on your site. I say start because a great site is always being looked at and improved and updated. Good Luck!!
                    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

I'm not sure how to change the scaled size to match the image...i played around with this for two days and got it the way it is...it used to have a lot more white space at the bottom and on the right. Where is this forum topic...i really need help creating new pages, so i can link from my homepage.
                      Thanks again!

Comment

To make new pages just make it an the link to it will be
                        http://www.yourdomain.com/newpage.html thats how you link the pages together as on your white space on the botton theres got to be some element causing it jut click around that white area then delete it.
                        sigpicJoe
                        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Thanks for the info on new pages...however, on the white space..it does NOT show up in my sitebuilder, so it's impossible to click on it.
                          :o(

Comment

i have copied your home page and published it without the white showing. As i told you some time ago, you have an image that is your background and your image has to be the same size as your page. I made your image 1000 x 797 pixels and stretched the bottom to fit the page as i have the length of your page is 1000 pixels. So if your image is only 797 pixels and you put this on a 1000 pixel page, the background will show up. the link to see this is:
                            www.videopostcards.info/test3.html

i also see yu have a video but it is not playing on your site. i'm sure i can help you with that.

i also made a contact us page and made the link on your home page and back.
                            mrmagoo144

if you cannot understand how to do this i can help you, just contact me through my contact us page on my website.

mrmagoo144
                            www.videopostcards.info
                            mrmagoo144
                            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Very nice.

I agree with what everyone has said and only thing i would add is to remove your phone number from the main page.

Just have had a bad experience with that before myself.

I switched from having a phone number readily available to have it added to confirmation emails for registered users.

Just my 2 cents.

Darc.
                              Darc

sigpic
                              www.drwdesigners.com

www.diydatabase.net

Comment

Working...
                              X