HTML tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML tool

Hello...What mus t i do to get rid of the html window i have open the html tool to insert some code but i do not know how to close the tool when i am ready, i allready have two html windows in my index page i hid them behind the logo but they are still to see, what is the right way to close the tool.....

Re: HTML tool

click the red X in the top right corner

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes that's the html properties window, i can close that one very easy, i mean the first html window, where you have to double click to get open the html properties, when i save the page and open it againg it is still there, there must be a way to close it but i do not know how, i am planning to experiment with some html but without knowing that i can not go further...

Comment

Julia, this is the html box. It is intended for putting html code in there. You can delete it by selecting it and deleting. If you delete it, you also delete the code. I also noted that these two boxes are the ROR buttons. Only one is needed, not two, and it serves to link your index page to the ror.xml file, which is an xml page describing your sitemap to search engines . If you cover it, the link might not work (though i'm not sure because it is embedded in the page html). If you use the html box to insert html code, the box itself doesn't appear anywhere. The elements created by the code you insert will appear. By moving the box you can position these elements anywhere you like.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
          Julia, this is a html box. This means that you place it in the page and then insert there the html code you need. You can simply delete it but if you do so, also the code you've put in there is being deleted. The box itself doesn't show anywhere. If the code in it involves some kind of visual effect,(i mean the code there creates a box or a button or recalls an image etc.), by changing the position of the box in your page you can change the position where these elements will appear.
          Hi.. G, you are every where are you just one person, thanks for helping againg.. not sure i understand all you tell me, because i do not get one box i get two boxes, and the first box i get it really shows in previewing, then i have to delete it, but you said, if i delete the box i delete also the code i have just inserted, that's why i do not delete it.

I am talking about the next boxes

1) I go to html tool on the right side above of BV.

2) I get a html box, or window

3) I double click on it

4) i get a second box (HTMl properties box)

5) I insert the html code, and i close this box clicking on (X ) right above

But the first html box i got is still there and i do not know what to do with it..to delete it or...it does not disappear by itself...

I have two of this boxes behind my logo i do not know what to do with them..i hope you give me a hint.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia
            Hi.. G, you are every where are you just one person, thanks for helping againg.. not sure i understand all you tell me, because i do not get one box i get two boxes, and the first box i get it really shows in previewing, then i have to delete it, but you said, if i delete the box i delete also the code i have just inserted, that's why i do not delete it.

I am talking about the next boxes

1) I go to html tool on the right side above of BV.

2) I get a html box, or window

3) I double click on it

4) i get a second box (HTMl properties box)

5) I insert the html code, and i close this box clicking on (X ) right above

But the first html box i got is still there and i do not know what to do with it..to delete it or...it does not disappear by itself...

I have two of this boxes behind my logo i do not know what to do with them..i hope you give me a hint.
            Julia,

in these boxes you have in BV you have inserted the code for th ROR button. They create those two icons behind your logo. So

1. You can delete one of them. They are the same
            2. ROR is a sitemapper. Did you create a sitemap for your site, or were you just experimenting ? In this second case you don't need it. If you have indeed created a sitemap, then this ror button IS supposed to be there. They give you the program fro free, they ask you in exchange ti link back to them by putting this icon on your page. Just put it somewhere in your page where it won't interfere with your content.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok thanks for the information navaldesign, i did a site map, and the logo is there, but what do i do with the html box, i really do not understand till now.. can i just delete them?

Comment

Ok thanks for the information navaldesign, i did a site map, and the logo is there, but what do i do with the html box, i really do not understand till now.. can i just delete them?
                Julia,

you can delete them, because you have already a small ROR text just on the lower part of your left hand brown bar that is linked to your sitemap file
                Navaldesign

Comment

i heve deleted the two html boxes that where behind my logo, the ROR sitemap is still working, but the second html box i have just deleted it was that one i used to put the code to avoid horizontal scrolling, and now the problem is back, i need to scroll from left to right to see my page, it does not fit anymore on the screen.

That means deleting the html tool box, delete also the code i have introduce through it...

The rest of my pages work OK, not scrolling needed

What a trouble...

Comment

i heve deleted the two html boxes that where behind my logo, the ROR sitemap is still working, but the second html box i have just deleted it was that one i used to put the code to avoid horizontal scrolling, and now the problem is back, i need to scroll from left to right to see my page, it does not fit anymore on the screen.

That means deleting the html tool box, delete also the code i have introduce through it...

What a trouble...
                    Julia,
                    your homepage is narrow. I don't see why the screen has scroll bars. Unless you have used some wide shape or you didnt fix the page width in page properties
                    Navaldesign

Comment

What a trouble...
                      Yes your page has width 1777 pixels. You only need 800 or something like that, BUT you have a white rectangle on the right side. Delete it and republish
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for all your time, which width should i use to fit the page on the screen, because every time i change it, the page goes out of the screen

right now it is (1777 width) (2500 height),

I put right now 800 width but in preview the problem is still there

The logo is gonna be in the white rectangle, and more text and links

Comment

Thanks for all your time, which width should i use to fit the page on the screen, because every time i change it, the page goes out of the screen

right now it is (1777 width) (2500 height),
                          Julia, your page is not centered so use 800 that's great on all monitors, BUT FIRST delete that white rectangle. If you can't see it, just go to View, click on Object Outlines and you will see it.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

I did what you said and republished the page but now the page seems to be centered, what do you see in your brouwser. now is 800 width and there is white space on the right side

I have changed the width in 800 in my page reportes and it looks OK, i do believe what i need is to use the html code to avoid the scrolling in my index page, but the problem remain how do i delete the html window after using it

Comment

I did what you said and republished the page but now the page seems to be centered, what do you see in your brouwser. now is 800 width and there is white space on the right side

I have changed the width in 800 in my page reportes and it looks OK, i do believe what i need is to use the html code to avoid the scrolling in my index page, but the problem remain how do i delete the html window after using it
                              No Julia,

you don't have to do anything like that. BUT the white rectangle IS STILL THERE.

Please delete it, then set the Page Width at 800, and UNCHECK the "Center in Browser" box if it is checked
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X