slow soho with many up;loads left to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow soho with many up;loads left to go

I am updating both of my websites - currently working on www.forextrainingforfree.com , I use the soho for setting up and running everything. Recently I have added over 15 videos with about 15 more to go these are for customers to view a portion of our training via a flash (swf) presentation. I have done much work over the last several days and wanted to back up so I went to do so via soho and found that it really took a long time just to load the back up page (15-20 minutes). Once loaded I created a new backup and told it to back up my website and waited. After a while - I gave up and walked away from my computer and then came back after about 1 hour and it had timed out, showing a blank "cannot display" screen. Tried again and had to restart my internet explorer. Once re-logged it seemed that the whole soho main menu was stuck. Went to bed came back and this am tried again from another location and another computer ( thought it might be the connection or the computer) It now shows I did back up my website but I thought I better to be safe than sorry so I tried again with a new backup - this timed out as well so I am writing to see if someone has a suggestion or reply. According to my cpanel my disk space usage is:1426.72/614400. Since 614400 is the total available it seems I should have plenty of room left for the current and the future information. Just trying to understand why it is so slow or not working when using the backup in soho. Also, this begs the next question - when using cpanel and you back up it creates a zip file, can this be uploaded via an ftp gateway? if so how? th ereasomn I ask is I made a backup via cpanel last night and it worked after about 2 hours.
    Thanks for your help and any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: slow soho with many up;loads left to go

My question would be what are you backing up? Thru soho or cpanel? If you have a large site and many files it can take a long time and your provider may not allow you to download that large of a file. Whats better to do..in the case of a large site is to backup thru mysql the database itself which is about 90% of your site.. and then keep backups on your own of the images and swf files.

If you have alot of statistics.. you might want to clear those tables out before making a download as they take up alot of space and bandwidth.

Keep in mind if you are backing up your server thru cpanel.. your capacity there maybe greater than your whole hard drive. If its larger than the space you have .. you will have issues as well.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X