Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a search element

Hi Guys,

I've started building a property/real estate residential letting/leasing website using Bluevoda. I haven't yet arranged hosting although i do have the domain name.

I'd like to create a search tool/property search for users like the ones you can see in these websites:

With over 170 locally-managed offices of letting and estate agents nationwide, Belvoir can provide you with the best service and advice to suit your needs and requirements.

I've been through the tutorials in case it's demonstrated there but so far, haven't found out how to do it, i'm guessing that its going to involve comboboxes but thats as far as i've got.

Could anyone shine a little light on this for me?? :)

Many Thanks,

Rez
    http://www.swiftsaleproperty.com

Re: Adding a search element

Hi, for this type of searching you need a script that enables you categories many different aliments in a certain order to enable a search. similar to this one. http://www.curve2.com/c2realty-demo.php
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Chris,

I'm not an expert in website creation, so if the this post is a little tedious for you please accept my apologies!,

1st up, a script is a piece of html coding, am i right?

2nd, to visually alter the example you gave me, would it take the skills of an experienced programmer?

3, to apply it to my site, would i just paste the script into an html module?

4, thanks!
      http://www.swiftsaleproperty.com

Comment

Hi, always better to ask than spend days going down the wrong route.

1. A script can be in may formats & can be made to interact with things like databases where information is stored in a certain way. These stored items can be stored, extracted & displayed on a page in a certain order depending on how the script is written.
        2. The visual display of a program is quite often down to a separate part of web page building called CSS. This is a set of instructions that tells aliments that are to be displayed on the page to have a certain look in the respect of text size/colour/ & position on the page. Many programs/scripts have these instructions in the admin area in an easy format, where you just select from drop down menus the final look of your site. (This will not include positioning of items)
        3.The program/script in the link is one of may 100's out there & i just found this scrip an easy one for my friend to use on this site LINK.
        It! like many others comes with its own admin area enabling you to just add text info, prices & images. But its worth a shop around for this type of thing, to suite your own needs.

But with most types of scripts like this, they will operate on there own in separate directory/folder on your site. If you have a look at this demo LINK
        of the basic program & my friends one in the link above, you can see the extra items i have added using BV.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X