making a secure page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a secure page

I have followed the directions for having a secure page but it is not working. It asks for the user name and password but when I put it in the page does not open.

What I want to do is have a promotional code so certian companies ordering our courses get a discounted price. I tried it in the shopping cart as well but it didn't work either. Obviously it is the operator not having a clue what I am doing. If anyone can answer on how to do this I would appreciate it. I really do not want to have a bunch of individual users just the companies. Even just one promo code or secure user is fine.

Re: Can't make secure page work

Ok .. first you have to make your member group. Then you make your page and go to page properties and change it from public to your group name. Then you go back to members, make a user, assign them to the group with user name and password.. then.. they can access the pages assigned to them.

Same thing with products. ON the advanced tab, change it from PUBLIC to the member group.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yep, that's what I thought. And what I did. I put a link on my page to the page that needs the password and the form comes up asking for the user name and password but when it is put in it just brings up the blank form again and doesn't open the private page. Grrrr. I also tried dropping in the Auth. Code. to see if that worked and the same thing happened.

The website is www.jelpublishing.com Click on Prelicensing then South Carolina. You will see both of the above options on the page and what I mean.

Karen I am going to send you my log in info for this site, if you could look and tell me where I am screwing up I would appreciate it.

Comment

You didnt assign the user to a page or area on the bottom part as far as i can tell. Seems to be working now as when i hit the page i am already signed in.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Karen. You're a peach!

Comment

Re: making a secure page

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You will be ruining my mac smacks and my reputation!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

hi,does sololaunch support chinese character? i really thanks those some once can help me.

Comment

i rally like your website builder program,it simpler n easy,betwen vodahost builder n soholaunch ,ofcouse i like something item product when i purchase it seem helpfull to me,i wonder to know whether soholaunch will support my language or nor,i appreciate someonce can help me bfor i buy when i make a decision

Comment

I dont know if it supports chinese or not... youd have to check the site .. www.soholaunch.com

also check the forum

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks,ms karen!

Comment

Working...
                    X