My index page setting dont work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My index page setting dont work

I am trying to set the page width and length for my index page. When I set them it will not save the settings. The page on HauntedHousebuster.com is too long and I want delete the words at the bottom of the index page. When I try to bring up the words they don't appear in my bluevoda software.

Please advise.

Re: My index page setting dont work

Hi, you could try Main menu>Layout>Guide settings> & un-check the lock page size box.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Open your page in BV and hit Ctl-A. This will show all of your text boxes. Then scroll way down on your page and you should see the text box even if you don't see the text.
      I don't believe you can change the size of the page if you have an element outside your settings. For example, if you change the length to 600 but have something on the page at 1000 it will revert back to 1000 length.

I don't know how to interpret this, but this value appears way out of kilter:
      <div id="bv_Text36" style="position:absolute;left:62px;top:1823882px;width:1178px;height:64px;z-index:35" ...haunted new york...
      Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
      Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
      Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Im still having the same problem. I bring up the index page in bv. I use control A to see where all the context is and when I try to find the words at bottom of hppt://www.hauntedHousebuster.com the words are not visable. I would like the website to end at the bottom of the square of States.
        Please help

Comment

Deliverance
          From what I see in the html coding....you have got a mess! I don't mean to be harsh, but you have text boxes all over the universe on that page. I didn't know text could be placed that far down on a page!

Anyway, if it were mine I would delete it and start over...being really careful about how I am placing elements on the page.

But before you go so far as to delete the page; try this: Drag select from the far left upper corner of the page to the last content that you want on the page,(at the bottom-right corner). Then click "copy". Now, go to the "edit" menu and click "select all". Then click "delete" or hit the delete button on your keyboard.

That should delete everthing on your page, (even the stuff WAY DOWN the page). Now, click the "paste" button and that will put back onto the page, everything you want on it!

Now, go into page properties and set the width and length to a size that will fit the content you now have.

If, for some reason that doesn't work or the results aren't what you want; then don't save it!! Then maybe someone else will have a suggestion!

Comment

Working...
          X