Font Size Changes on Browsers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font Size Changes on Browsers

I have created an index page and published to therapureproducts.com. Although only "web friendly" fonts were utilized, the font size appearing in various browsers is different than the one used to create the page in the BlueVoda editor.

While I recognize it is possible to convert text into GIF for publishing (and this yields one to one rendering), I want the text to be searchable.

Is there any way to assure one to one rendering of text between the BlueVoda editor and browsers??

Re: Font Size Changes on Browsers

Hi, had a look in IE & FF & both look the same. There might be a .25 or .50 PX difference on spacing, but you would have to look hard to see this.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks, I understand your confusion. My problem isn't that the fonts appear different between different browsers, but rather that they look totally different than they appear as created in the BlueVoda editor. In other words, when I create the page in the BlueVoda editor with proper text relationships (spacing among different elements on the page, etc.), everything looks fine. However, once the page is published (or even if previewed with a browser), the font sizes are different (on my Explorer the font sizes are consistently much smaller than in the editor). This forces me to create the text in a much larger format in the editor (even to point of overlapping other objects), making the overall design complex. Is there some way to avoid this issue??

Comment

Most likely you are viewing on computers with explorer view set to small rather than normal or medium. Check your settings from the tool bar there see if that corrects your issue.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks. I checked the "text size" option on the explorer "View" pull down. The setting was medium. I tried all the various settings (from smallest to largest) with no effect (the text size shown by the browser was exactly the same no matter the setting).

Also, its interesting that objects such as the menu bar on the page, the size of which is determined by associated font size, is scaled to a different size on the browser than in the editor. In the editor, for example, the size of the left menu bar is large enough to almost overlap text on the body of the page, while in the browser the box itself doesn't even fill the left margin box.

Comment

Check the settings on your control panel. Somewhere, as Karen stated, this sounds like it is a problem on your computer and your settings
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

When you preview on your machine with explorer or .. whichever browser you use.. how does it look there? If it looks the same there.. then id say its in your monitor settings.. and for some reason bv is running in a different mode? Are you running vista and then running bv in xp compatability mode? That would cause the change ..big time.. bv runs fine for me on vista. If you arent on the master admin right click run as administrator when you open bv and it runs fine.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

OK, in response to the last 2 posts......

I checked everything imaginable on my Windows control panel. Under the fonts icon, I found nothing which seemed at all amiss (or which even allowed any default settings for size, etc.), just lists of font files and pull downs allowing me to load new fonts, etc. Nothing else on the control panel (although I went through each one in excruciating detail), seemed at all relavent. Is there anything else I should try there?

When the page is previewed by selecting preview while editing in BV, it displays exactly as it does when viewed from the site after publishing. On the computer I use for BV I use Explorer as the browser. The size of all text is displayed by the browser as significantly smaller than that shown in BV (even with different end of line breaks within the text boxes). The published page displays exactly the same in all browsers I have tried (across different computers, etc.), seeming to indicate the problem is in fact with the display of text by BV.

I am running BV under Windows XP. When I right click the BV icon to select any compatability options, it seems the only options selectable are for much older Windows versions (like 95 and 2000). Since I downloaded only a few days ago, I presume the assumed OS is correct.

Since it now seems (at least on its surface) that BV is somehow displaying the wrong font size, I have even tried copying text out of BV and pasting into other applications such as Word to see what size results. Invariably, the pasted text shows up in different applications as physically smaller than that displayed in BV (when carefully measured) but always identical in size to that displayed when previewed in Explorer.

It seems a pretty bizarre problem. Anybody got further ideas? Is it possible my download was corrupted somehow?

Comment

Working...
                X