Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linking text to a 35 page pdf file.

Hi Guys and Gals,
    I am new to this and have for several nights being finding my feet. Blue Voda is easy to use via the tutuorials but I have a problem I cannot seem to find an answer to. I wish to link a 35 page pdf file to text on my website.

By clicking on the text I want the visitor to be able to link to the pdf file and allow them to download it. A bit frazzled here at 1:40am so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Garry

P.S. is there any way that I can insert a counter that visitors cannot see but will allow me to see how many visits I receive.

Re: linking text to a 35 page pdf file.

Garry,
    Upload your pdf file via File Manager to your site.
    Then you highlight the text you want to use for a link and click on the Hyperlink button at the top of BV (globe with a chain link)
    and link to the file ie: http://www.mydomain.com/name_of_file.pdf

Remember lower case letters and no spaces in the file name.
    Then publish the page with the link and it's done!
    This will open in adobe and they can print from there.

I know nothing about the counters so we'll wait for someone else to address that.
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

As for the counters all you have to do is go into your control panel and find aw-stats, all the info you need is right there.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks for your quick responses but I still have problems.

First I cannot find how to upload the pdf via the file manager. I cannot find the file manager even. I have watched the tutorials on the hyperlink but cannot proceed until the pdf is uploaded. Any simple instructions would be appreciated to upload the pdf

Secondly when I insert my IP which was included in my original e-mail into google it does not recognise it. For the moment I can live without the counters. Maybe Google is set up a little different in Ireland.

Rgds,
        Garry

Comment

To upload the.pdf: Go to cPanel (Control Panel) (if you need help finding cPanel watch this)
          Under the Files heading, you should see File Manager or Legacy File Manager. Click and you will get a pop-up. Go to webroot for the proper domain (directory). File Manager should open.
          About 2 inches down from the top of the screen, you should see Upload Files - click on that. You get another screen reading 'Please select files to upload...'. Click on Browse and locate on your computer the .pdf.
          Click whether you want to overwrite an old file or not (probably not relevant now but may be in the future if you update the pdf),
          Click Upload. The file will be uploaded to your directory.
          Exit cPanel.
          When you create a link to the pdf file, link it just as you would to another page except use the name of the pdf such as:

using, of course, the name of the pdf file instead of what I used for the name.
          That should get it.
          Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
          Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
          Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

If you open BlueVoda & go to tools you will find your ftp manager, click on this, login & then connect, find the file you want to transfer on the left hand side, then just drag it over to the right hand side.
            I hope this is what you meant, I'm new to this too.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X