X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compare data with sql.

hi,

i am given such scenario:

- i run a script and was given an array of email address at least 200 of them (array $useremail)
    - i were to compare this array with sql table 'member' and eliminate those that are already in e table.

i thought of using php search array method to do it:
    bool in_array ( mixed $needle , array $haystack [, bool $strict ] )

but imagine if there were 1000 email in e 'member' table, will this cloak the system? is there a better way to do it?

Re: compare data with sql.

If the old data is in the table, you can't search that using in_array because there is no array with the old data. You would need to retrieve the email addresses from the database, put them in an array, then perform the search

Or simply add a verification routine in your script, that will check, for each email address of the $useremail array, and if it finds it, it will skip the insert query.

For the numbers you mentioned, there is absolutely no problem.
    I perform array search in a 20000 records array, in just millisecs.

Or use a WHERE NOT EXISTS statement with your insert query
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: compare data with sql.

o! thanks alot...
      now im relieve to use the search method...

thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X