gallery and light box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gallery and light box

What is the difference between using the gallery or using the light box to include images on a web site. The seem to be the same.

uniquethingshere@uniquethingshere.com

Thanks,

bwhiowa

Re: gallery and light box

Hi, they are certainly not the same. But if you load large KB images into the light box & the page hasn't fully loaded, the light box effect will not take place. The light box is a 1 or 2 image tool & i personally wouldn't use it as a gallery due to the high KB's it will create on the page..
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

what does the light box do other than display the image and enlarge it when you click on it?

Comment

It will be similar to this one. Click on the images.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I have a problem of using the Light Box. After publishing my webpage, then i click on an image of my web gallery. I no longer have an image in the middle of the page like a postcard style. But, I only have my image displaying in the left corner of a blank webpage. Why the LightBox doesnt work in my case?

Comment

Originally posted by fagou View Post
            I have a problem of using the Light Box. After publishing my webpage, then i click on an image of my web gallery. I no longer have an image in the middle of the page like a postcard style. But, I only have my image displaying in the left corner of a blank webpage. Why the LightBox doesnt work in my case?
            We would need the pages url.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
              We would need the pages url.
              Hi Chris,
              this is my URL for my website http://giangminiature.free.fr/ and http://giangminiature.free.fr/Gallery.html.

The Gallery doesnt work as the Light Box. When I click on an image, it is always on the left hand corner of a blank page. But, when I go to Preview, the Light Box works correctly.
              Thank you for your help
              Fagou

Comment

Ah! BV & the light box will only work fully on VH servers. Sorry!
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

What's a VH server?

Comment

Voda Host. Check this page for details:

VodaHost - Take a web hosting tour. Find out why thousands of people have chosen VodaHost as their web hosting provider
                    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Ah! BV & the light box will only work fully on VH servers. Sorry!
                      That was my case. When you to preview, the light box is ok but when you publish it. it doesnt work. You get a image on the left corner of a blank page. The problem is from a script:
                      1/ You go to View Source of your Light Box page, then you will see this script

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
                      <html>
                      <head>
                      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
                      <title>Untitled Page</title>
                      <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">
                      <script type="text/javascript" src="prototype.js"></script>
                      <script type="text/javascript" src="scriptaculous.js?load=effects"></script>
                      <script type="text/javascript" src="lightbox.js"></script>
                      <link rel="stylesheet" href="lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
                      </head>
                      <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
                      <div id="bv_" style="position:absolute;left:34px;top:34px;width: 150px;height:150px;z-index:0" align="left">
                      <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3">
                      </table>
                      </div>
                      </body>
                      </html>

2/ You should delete the script in red then you add the green one
                      <html>
                      <head>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

<script src="js/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
                      <script src="js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder" type="text/javascript"></script>
                      <script src="js/lightbox.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<style type="text/css">
                      body{ color: #333; font: 13px 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, sans-serif; }
                      </style>
                      </head>
                      <div id="bv_" style="position:absolute;left:34px;top:34px;width: 150px;height:150px;z-index:0" align="left">
                      </table>
                      </div>
                      </body>
                      </html>

3/ You save it and ok, your light box will work fully.

Comment

Originally posted by fagou View Post
                        That was my case. When you to preview, the light box is ok but when you publish it. it doesnt work. You get a image on the left corner of a blank page. The problem is from a script:
                        1/ You go to View Source of your Light Box page, then you will see this script

<html>
                        <head>
                        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
                        <title>Untitled Page</title>
                        <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">
                        <script type="text/javascript" src="prototype.js"></script>
                        <script type="text/javascript" src="scriptaculous.js?load=effects"></script>
                        <script type="text/javascript" src="lightbox.js"></script>
                        <link rel="stylesheet" href="lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
                        </head>
                        </table>
                        </div>
                        </body>
                        </html>

2/ You should delete the script in red then you add the green one
                        <html>
                        <head>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

<script src="js/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
                        <script src="js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder" type="text/javascript"></script>
                        <script src="js/lightbox.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<style type="text/css">
                        body{ color: #333; font: 13px 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, sans-serif; }
                        </style>
                        </head>
                        </table>
                        </div>
                        </body>
                        </html>

3/ You save it and ok, your light box will work fully.
                        Hi, i cant see your url registered & pointing at a vodahost server??????????
                        Do you have a Vodahost account? As it seems to be pointing at a French server.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi, i cant see your url registered & pointing at a vodahost server??????????
                          Do you have a Vodahost account? As it seems to be pointing at a French server.
                          Hi,
                          I dont have a VH account. I'm using a French server.

Comment

Sorry! But BV will only fully function when using with a vodahost server with a Vodahost account. (There is a note about this on the download page)
                            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                            X