How to Include a PDF that Downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Include a PDF that Downloads

I have a site where I am selling an EBook. I have placed my PayPal BUY NOW button on my page, and I need to know how to attach a PDF file to my website so that after they pay for the EBook, they will be able to download it immediately. Can someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks!

Re: How to Include a PDF that Downloads

Upload/FTP your file to your server folder. This can just be the public_html folder if you like.
    The URL would be http://www.yourdomain.com/nameoffile.pdf
    or if you have it in a folder inside the public_html directory the URL would be http://www.yourdomain.com/foldername/nomeoffile.pdf
    Make sure that you use the encyrpted PayPal button and that you inform buyers that this is a PDF file as the are many ebook formats.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Terry,
      Wouldn't simplydynamic have to make his/her PayPal button "success url", the url of their download file?

Comment

You are correct. I couldn't see the forest for the trees !!!
        You have the option of encrypting the URL. Otherwise you can view the html of the "Buy Now" button for the "Success Page" and steal the download for free.
        View my html for a paid download.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Thanks, Terry....that's a good point!

Comment

I created a second page for my website to just include the download button, which I can use for my success page off of my PayPal button. But how do I attach the actual PDF file to link to that download button?

Comment

It is clearly described in the Tutorial how to hyperlink pages, images (buttons), and other objects ........

Right-click on your button (image). Add the URL of your previously uploaded PDF file (www yourdomain.com/whatereverfile.pdf ). Done.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X