Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

I was wondering I already have 3 sites through BV. I am wanting to upgrade one of my sites to phpnuke or Joomla or one of those. I was wondering if I do that would it mess up all of my other sites? I am wanting to fix up this site www.yorkies-for-u.com to phpnuke etc.. and if I do would I have to get another domain name or use the one I have. And does anybody know where I could practice using phpnuke,Joomla,etc... and which one do you preferr that I use and do you have to use html on all of them? Thanks for your help

Re: Questions

You could install it in a subdomain and play with it.

If you install it over one of your current domains.. yes it will mess it up. You do need to know some html if you plan to customize templates etc. But you dont have to .. im sure you can use free skins or buy skins etc to do it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

Is public_html the main domain and is www the subdomain?

Comment

Originally posted by charm1981 View Post
          Is public_html the main domain and is www the subdomain?

Hi .. public_html is the directory that holds your domains - your main domain publishes directly to public_html - an addon domain would publish to public_html/addondomain

www is the world wide web

www. is included in all domain addresses, urls, the address to locate your website on the url ..

a subdomain is exactly that, a sub of a main domain .. it's address would be dependent on the domains address that you subbed it with ..
          example if it were your main domain it would publish to public_html/subdomain but the address to find this subdomain would appear as www.subdomain.maindomain.com

when you add on a domain (which is different than a subdomain) it creates another directory for this domain ..

it would then look like public_html/addondomain and it would be independent of any other domain

Once you add / in the url - it identifies to browsers that there is another folder (directory) following

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks For your help

Comment

Working...
            X