Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code 12111

Re: http://www.esuranceplan.com/life.html

Tonight I downloaded BV 10.12 and then went to edit the above landing page. When I tried to "publish" my edited site, I got the following message:

ERROR 12111

The FTP operation was not completed because the session was aborted.

I downloaded BV 10.12 again and tried to edit other sites with the same results.

Help please.

Stephen

Re: BV 10.12 Problem

First go to "Tools>options" and click the publish tab. See what the time out time is set to. It should be set to at least 180. Even if it is you could try setting it higher, but 180 should be OK.

Other possibilities are that your ISP is working on the servers and they are shut down or using slow backups. VodaHost might be temporarily working on their servers or even your computer security software might be doing a scheduled scan and that really slows down the computer some imes!

In any event; try again in an hour or in the morning. It most likely will work then.

Comment

Re: Code 12111

Dave,

I moved the FTP Connection Timeout to 180 and above and further optimized my system after 10 hours...all to no avail. Now what?

Stephen

Comment

If you have the newest version of blue voda on the tool bar where it says tools go under page weight the weight of the page should be anywhere from 200-300 kbs if its higher look at your images weight they mabe to high and this can cause your timeout. then you may have to use a pixresizer to get those kbs down, here a link for the resizer
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

According to MS list of errors; that error is related to FTP. Are you actually using the BV "publish" tool to publish?

Comment

Joe,

Of my six sites, only one has a kbs weight above 200, actually 240. The rest are in he 100's or below. So I do not think this is the problem.

Dave,

Yes, I am using the BV "publishing" tool.

Stephen

Comment

12111 ERROR_FTP_DROPPED
              The FTP operation was not completed because the session was aborted.

(Joe asked properly -- this is a MS FTP error code, so we hope you are not using an FTP method of "publishing," but correctly using the PUBLISH icon/tool in BV)

Be sure you are publishing to the proper VH IP.
              If your account is using cPanel11, be sure you add the ".com" in the Publish Dialog box as required (which also means you must be sure that the add-on has been created correctly, which can be somewhat confusing for those having to "upgrade" to cP11 from earlier versions).

If add-on has been correctly configured, you are using cP11 and properly adding the ".com" in the Publish Dialog, and file size is not an issue, then it is strictly a connection issue on your end: to attempt to clean up connection speed, power down, unhook router/modem for a minute (wipe off cable contacts to remove static build-up) and power up to reset proxy IP from your ISP.

Microsoft Error Codes
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili,

Thanks for stepping in. I am using cPanel 11.23.4. I have not upgraded the cPanel. Further, I am using the ".com" in the Publish Dialog box as required. I also powered down and unhooked and cleaned the router/modem. Unfortunately, I am still getting the error message. What's next?

Stephen

Comment

Thanks to all for offering help. After reviewing more threads on Error 12111, I discovered that after downloading BV 10.12, I did not reenter my IP address, username and password. Once I did, everything was fine. Thanks again to everyone who offered help.
                  Stephen

Comment

I am having this problem as well. I recently upgraded to BV 11 for another site that I manage that had its IP address updated. Is there a way other than submitting a support ticket to find out if your IP address has changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Paskawetts View Post
                      Is there a way other than submitting a support ticket to find out if your IP address has changed?
                      Do a WHOIS search on the domain in question, and note the listed IP adddress and when the information was last updated.

If necessary, download the current version of BlueVoda to have that IP address listed in the Publish Dialog Menu.
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                      X