License Agreement form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Agreement form

I would like to make a license agreement form that would not allow the person to continue with their purchase unless they agree with the user agreement.

I have already made the form it is at

http://www.scott.walksthehealthypath...agreement.html

Im just not sure how to configure the buttons.

Thanks in advance

Tiaki

Re: License Agreement form

Originally posted by tiaki
    I would like to make a license agreement form that would not allow the person to continue with their purchase unless they agree with the user agreement.

I have already made the form it is at

Im just not sure how to configure the buttons.

Thanks in advance

Tiaki
    Hi Tiaki,

1. Your radio buttons should have the same Group name, and one should have the value "Agree" the second value "Disagree"

2. If i understand well, the white frame will have the Agreement Text in it. So you mustn't put a text area box there. A text Area box is for your visitor to type in his comments, in this case a scrolable inline frame would be apropriate to contain the text.

3. Consequently, you don't need the reset button. They must only check on "Agree" or "Disagree"

4. I think that you should delete the Continue Button. You should rename your Submit button so that it has the value "Continue" but it reallity it will submit the radio Button value to a script page. The script page will redirect the visitor to the Purchase page, if he has clicked "Agree", or will redirect him back to whatever page you want, if he has clicked "Disagree"

5. Just for aesthetic reasons, use a "Back" button similar to the "Continue" (submit)button.

Of course you must also change the action from "mailto: ......." to let's say "choice.php" . By "choice.php" I intend the php script page that receives the form data and redirects the visitor accordingly. From what i understand, you don't need any info from your form to get to you.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for your excellent suggestions. I am working on them right now. Is there a thread that shows what the choice.php should look like?

Is there a way I can just alter the contact.php to do that by deleting some parts and putting in a code that tells it to redirect?

Thanks again

Tiaki

Comment

Thank you for your excellent suggestions. I am working on them right now. Is there a thread that shows what the choice.php should look like?

Is there a way I can just alter the contact.php to do that by deleting some parts and putting in a code that tells it to redirect?

Thanks again

Tiaki
        No, there is nothing ready. Prepare your pages in BV, publish them and provide me the Urls. I'll give you the correct script to process the form data and redirect to the correct page accordingly to your visitor's choice.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello again,

I think that I followed your instructions correctly, I have published the form at www.scott.walksthehealthypath.com/useragreement.html .

I would like to the back button to send them to www.scott.walksthehealthypath.com/pricing.html .

If they agree, I would like to grant them entrance to the store. It is located at www.scott.walksthehealthypath.com/store .

The object of all of this is to have the client agree to the user agreement before gaining access to the store.

Will this deny them accessing the store directly by typing in the link with the /store on the end or is there another way to stop that?

I tried password protecting the directory and that seemed to shut down all access. So I removed the password.

Thanks again

Tiaki

Comment

Hello again,

I think that I followed your instructions correctly, I have published the form at www.scott.walksthehealthypath.com/useragreement.html .

I would like to the back button to send them to www.scott.walksthehealthypath.com/pricing.html .

If they agree, I would like to grant them entrance to the store. It is located at www.scott.walksthehealthypath.com/store .

The object of all of this is to have the client agree to the user agreement before gaining access to the store.

Will this deny them accessing the store directly by typing in the link with the /store on the end or is there another way to stop that?

I tried password protecting the directory and that seemed to shut down all access. So I removed the password.

Thanks again

Tiaki
            Ok Tiaki, I'll try to do what you want. I'll also try to denny dirct access to the purchace page if they don't first go through the Agreement page. I'll need a couple of days. I'll let you know
            Navaldesign

Comment

Hello again,

Thanks again

Tiaki
              Hi Tiaki,

the script is ready. You can test it's functionality at

http://www.navaldesign.info/Tiaki/useragreement.html

Please modify your form by inserting a "hidden" field. This must be named "hidden" and have the value"Agree". Is serves for the script to work, it doesn't show up anywhere.

As you can see, it works the way you have asked me to. To denny access to the OS Commerce page, the script should be slightly modified, and then embedded in your OS Commerce page. I might be able to do that, but I must have the file of the OS commerce page. To do this, you must either donload the file from your site and pass it over to me, or you must give me access to your site so i can do all the necessary down/uploadings.

Please try the form and let me know. Also see if you can, put a button in your pricing page that allows visitors to get to some other page in your site. If they're not interested and they don't find such a button (or a navigation menu) they might simply abandon your site by typing some other address because they don't have any alternatives.
              Navaldesign

Comment

I also wanted to tell you that this whole thing only makes sense if you want to denny access to the store and to have written proof of their agreement, (the email with the clients info and his choice to Agree would be this "written proof"). Otherwise you could simply put a menu, or two buttons, that would have written on them "Agree" and "Disagree" and link the buttons to the two different pages. There was no need for a form and a script to just redirect them to the appropriate page.
                Navaldesign

Comment

It works excellent. Thank-you. I tested the functionality on you link and it worked find.

I tried to follow you instructions in modifying my own form. I put in the hidden and agree stuff but the form doesn't work on my site.

Here is the link.

I'm not sure what I did wrong.

In regards to the oscommerce page, it seems to be made up of a combination of .php files. Leftcolum.php, rig***olum.php, center and header would you need all of them or one in particular?

Best Regards and thanks a lot

Tiaki

Comment

It works excellent. Thank-you. I tested the functionality on you link and it worked find.

I tried to follow you instructions in modifying my own form. I put in the hidden and agree stuff but the form doesn't work on my site.

Here is the link.

I'm not sure what I did wrong.

In regards to the oscommerce page, it seems to be made up of a combination of .php files. Leftcolum.php, rig***olum.php, center and header would you need all of them or one in particular?

Best Regards and thanks a lot

Tiaki
                    Yes, I might need all of them, I don't know it right now, so I'd better have them all.

The script doesn't work on your site because the choice.php file is not yet uploaded on your site. I'll post it later with instructions on what to do.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Tiaki,

here is your script:

<?php

// Receiving variables from the form
                      @$hidden = addslashes($_POST['hidden']);
                      @
                      $Agreement = addslashes($_POST['Agreement']);
                      // Validation
                      if ($Agreement != $hidden)
                      {
                      header(
                      "Location: http://www.scott.walksthehealthypath.com/pricing.html");
                      exit;
                      }
                      header(
                      "Location: http://www.scott.walksthehealthypath.com/store");
                      ?>

Copy the code and paste it in Notepad. Go to Save, chose "File type" "All files" , and save the file as "choice.php" somewhere in your BV folder. Upload it on your site. You're done!

Please note that to be able to denny access to the store page, this piece of code, properly modified, must be implemented in the store main page code. However i find it useless, because you can't protect ALL the store pages. F.e., if they type directly on the browser the URL of the next page, that is the login, they will then be able to continue. Furthermore, clicking on the Agree button without proof of it doesn't mean anything. It would be better if in your cart page there is a simple text like "By entering this Website page , I agree with the Terms and Conditions " and link this phrase to the Terms and conditions page. It is simpler and legally more valid.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for all of you effort. I have decided to do what you suggested ie.. put a link from my purchase page. Thanks again for your effort.

Tiaki

Comment

Thanks for all of you effort. I have decided to do what you suggested ie.. put a link from my purchase page. Thanks again for your effort.

Tiaki
                          You're welcome. No worries, the important is that you obtain the best result
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Wow !

Naval Design you really know your stuff. (and are very good at sharing your knowledge and help to others)

Comment

Originally posted by RPW
                              Wow !

Naval Design you really know your stuff. (and are very good at sharing your knowledge and help to others)
                              Thankyou RPW. We all started from 0 and we ALL have still much to learn. Helping each other makes things easier for everybody.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X