Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing to different providers

Greetings all,

This BlueVoda application is pretty sweet. I just spent a good portion of my day messing around with it, creating some pages, and just got around to wanting to try to "publish" my pages. To my dismay, I find only IP addresses to Vodahost. I have quite a few domains hosted with a different provider, is there a way to publish these pages to another host provider. Thanks a bunch for the help.
    Cheers!

Re: Publishing to different providers

No--this question is often asked, and some even imply the desire for a hack, but BV requires VH. I hope you'll be able to find a way to join VH, a lot of us are very happy with it.

Tom
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks Tom. Unfortunately it would be a quite the feat to "move" my sites. I just wish they would have made this quite clear before someone downloads this cool "free" tool. (bummed comment follows). I should have known free "still" comes with a price, and in this case it is, "if you want to use this cool "FREE" tool, you have to pay the price for hosting at VH."

Sorry VodaHost, I can understand why you do it (business reasons). BUT, you really SHOULD warn folks ahead of time that the tool is free, but will ONLY publish to sites hosted BY VODAHOST.

And on that note, if it is indeed published someplace in the fine print, I appologize for not reading through all that print.

Comment

Hi, your quite right BugZee about a bigger notice needed. There is a foot note just under the download. But from the reaction of quite a few 1st time users it needs to be more obvious.

Good luck.

PS. BlueVoda is a fully functional website builder and is 100% Completely Clean. There isNO Spyware or Adware inside of it.With BlueVoda you will be able build a fantastic website just like this one. A VodaHost web hosting account is required in order for you to publish.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by BugZee View Post
          Thanks Tom. Unfortunately it would be a quite the feat to "move" my sites. I just wish they would have made this quite clear before someone downloads this cool "free" tool. (bummed comment follows). I should have known free "still" comes with a price, and in this case it is, "if you want to use this cool "FREE" tool, you have to pay the price for hosting at VH."

Sorry VodaHost, I can understand why you do it (business reasons). BUT, you really SHOULD warn folks ahead of time that the tool is free, but will ONLY publish to sites hosted BY VODAHOST.

And on that note, if it is indeed published someplace in the fine print, I appologize for not reading through all that print.
          You don't have to 'move all your sites' as you say. If you are rebuilding one, or adding a new one, simply set up a Vh account and have your domain nameservers repointed to the VH ones for those domains. No one would expect you to move several sites over in one go.

Once you see what excellent value for money VH is then I am sure you will slowly move your other accounts over
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
          X