Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Installing soho and resetting account

Hi all,
    Hope someone can help me here as I am nearly losing my marbles. I am going to write exactly what order things have happened and hope to goodness someone can help me sort things out....

I have a Vodahost account...this account had my first BV site (www.fuerteventurabusinessdirectory.com) as the primary and another BV site (www.aciwebdesign.com) as an add-on. All is hunky dory thus far.

Now I want to start an on-line shop and I register the domain name www.firstforlifestyle.com and add this also as an add-on to my main VH account. Then I researched the best software and decide on Soholaunch. When I read the tutorial on how to install Soho, it said that I should install it and then must have a complete account reset as the Soho site would need to be the main domain, (although I have read in these threads that it CAN be installed on an add-on site) Now the fun (so NOOOOOT!!!) begins...........

I submitted a ticket to customer support to request the reset at the end of last week...I receive a reply that I need to do a full back-up to ensure that there is no data loss. I did this to disc.

Today all my sites are down (obviously until I restore the files I'm thinking), so firstly I decide to install the Soho on the now primary domain of firstforlifestyle. When I go in Fantastico, it says there are no current installations so I install a new one...when it comes back to the overview page it tells me I cannot have a duplicate copy of Soho....yet there isn't one???! (I did install one before the back-up like I said..I think the instructions on that particular tutprial are a little misleading). I have repeated the process on numerous occasions now and I am going round in circles and screaming at my computer.

I have sent in another ticket to customer support but I think they hope I'll just go away........but I desparately need some help please.

Can someone talk me step by step through what I need to do to:

1: Get soholaunch installed and
    2: Restore the appropriate files for my other two sites, from the backup disc into the right place

Any help at all gladly appreciated
    Clare

Re: HELP!! Installing soho and resetting account

Well you need to delete all files especially any index files .. best to have support do this . Especially if you dont know which files to delete. You could have installed soho to the third addon.. It requires its OWN domain clean with nothing installed in it. When people try to install it in the main domain.. this is what happens so they recommend reset.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Never should have requested an account "reset" ..... this wipes everything clean on the server, as if you never had anything from the beginning.

You should have simply created the add-on (as you did) and directly installed Soholaunch via Fantastico! with one or two clicks. That is all.
      Double-check via cPanel how your account looks ... if there are conflicting files or duplicated directories first --- clean them up if you find anomolies.

NOW.....to make this as easy as possible, you need to Submit ANOTHER ticket in hopes that they can RESTORE your account from the saved server backups ...... if not, then you will need to do so from your backup on CD. IF too much of a task (we all know how frustrating it is to deal with the task and the flood of emotions during the process itself), consider paying VH $30 to do it for you. You will need to send them the data (usually as a Zipped series of folders/files using a larger client such as www.YouSendIt.com). Actually, however you send the data to who is helping will have to go this route, based on sheer size alone.

If you are going to do this yourself, then you will need to "configure" your domains, add-ons, etc. just as they were, and re-publish manually page-by-page.
      THEN you can install Soholaunch again, but this time DIRECTLY and without deleting/resetting anything!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you Vasili, I can't believe I did it right in the first place, I could cry!

This is what the tutorial says:
        "If you already have a website on your main 'root' account, please click here to submit a support ticket and ask for a complete account reset."

Very open to misinterpretation for someone who isn't fully au fait with all the correct terms (like me, doh!), as I assumed that the root directory was where my primary domain was.

Oh well, back to the drawing board, will do as you suggested and ask support to restore my account from the saved server backup and keep fingers crossed.

Thank you again

Clare

Comment

Good luck, Good Lady!

I feel for you, and know all too well the sting of these kinds of frustrations.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X