Replacing existing index page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing existing index page

Hi can anyone help? Have published index page succesfully, and changed the same page several times. However when I publish my index page now, nothing changes online. The links back to my home page work and take me to the new home page, but if I enter the www.'domain'.com it takes me to the original, however if I enter www.'domain'.com/index it takes me to the new home page. How do I just replace the original with the new as I used to be able to do simply by saving page as index and publishing?

Re: Replacing existing index page

Hold down the shift key while you hit refresh. It sounds like your browser cache (remembering what it's used previously to save time). Holding down the shift key and refreshing forces the browser to load the page again from the server. I think hitting F5 does the same thing.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Here lies the most likely source of your problems:

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/per...r-caching.html
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
        Hold down the shift key while you hit refresh. It sounds like your browser cache (remembering what it's used previously to save time). Holding down the shift key and refreshing forces the browser to load the page again from the server. I think hitting F5 does the same thing.

Nice work!
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thank you, problem solved. Thought I was going mad, you have saved me. Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X