X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• index publishes but can't access

I have the page saved as index.
    I can preview the page in my browser.
    The idex publishes successfully but I can't access it.
    When I save the index in my computer it gives a location as:
    c:\documents and setting\jcf\my documents\blue voda
    All images I save for any page have all that info in it too...does all that extra location info cause problems?

Re: index publishes but can't access

the site address is www.kaharastudio.com

Comment

No all its saying is where its located at in the computer. all your files in your documents will say it. the c: means its on your c drive
      sigpicJoe
      Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

thanks jkadin.
        so...my index publishes successfully but I'm finding no matches when I look for it.
        it's saved as index...all lower case.
        I've taken out all images to simplify it and republished just to try and track what I've missed.
        Suggestions?

Comment

Hi, Karhara

When you say you find no matches when you look for it, what do you mean? I have Google as my browser's homepage. If I do a Google Search with your index address I can't find it either. But that's because your site is too new. If I put your index address in Google's address bar at the top of the Google page, it finds it fine. That's normal behavior.

On your index page you have a font that I cannot read. Too small. The Karaha Studios text is just fine, but the rest is not legible.

Keep at it; it will all come together for you soon!
          CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
          CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
          CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

I too was able to pull up your site from the link you posted above. But it appears you have a splash page but there are no links to enter your site. As stated above it is vrey hard to read most of your text.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

hey...thanks so much for the replies.
              I think I may know what you mean...that I've been searching for my site rather than putting it in the address bar on the top of the page. That is knew to me...I guess I assumed that if I entered my full address into a search engine it would pull up the site regardless of how popular or used it is.

I haven't seen the term splash page before...can I take that for how it sounds...like the first jumping into the pool type of thing?

Thanks a lot for the feedback...I know the use of the type on the index page goes against suggestions for search engine optimization...I'm using the site more for expressive purposes and for clients to access information so I am not very concerned about search engine optimization. However, since you commented on the type...if I am using that type for a visual affect and I don't care if it can be read...does that cause a problem with search engines?

Thanks again everyone...Kahara

Comment

Not sure about the SEO's aspect of it but using text that is not web freindly can be an issue across different browsers.
                Reguards
                Ed
                www.dsondesigns.com
                www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                www.300hitter.com
                www.bigjk.net
                How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

"However, since you commented on the type...if I am using that type for a visual affect and I don't care if it can be read..."

This is the intro to your site and you don't care whether possible customers can read it???

IMHO, that is a unique way of attracting business.
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

thank you everyone for responding...I believe my index questions are resolved.
                    If I continue seeking feedback on the type and legibility of my index page I suppose it is probably best that I pursue that under a different heading. But as I close I'd like to thank CarbonTerry...your comment is duly noted regarding attracting business. Although I am not trying to attract business with the site at this point it is interesting that I would communicate something to clients coming to the site that they can't understand...at least on a verbal level. Perhaps I'll change it...at this point I'm just going to keep playing with this as an artistic medium...and hope some computer god's don't strike me down.
                    Thanks again...Kahara

Comment

Working...
                    X