Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Soho to build new site while old site is still active with same domain name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Soho to build new site while old site is still active with same domain name

will i be able to access my soho control panel if my website is still active on another server? the new site will have the same domain name. It appears that when i try to log in (http://mydomain.com/sohoadmin/), my browser is looking for sohoadmin on my current host server. (page not found).

Re: Using Soho to build new site while old site is still active with same domain name

you have to clear the dns and FOOL your computer into believing the ip address is the real domain. This is only good until you clear the cache or reboot. See the soho forum about how to use soho before the domain name propogares.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Using Soho to build new site while old site is still active with same domain name

Thanks for the tip, if you know how or where i can the posts that can give me the specifics, i would appreciate it.

Comment

That should have been PROPOGATES.. and Id have to search for it at the forum there too. Just sign in and use the search.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X