Jan Wilkens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan Wilkens

Hi, I am a new member. I have created and published my website www.fandjbics.com Due to the nature of my business we have to market ourselves by placing images on the web. I used the lightbox feature and inserted the images from my c-drive. When I open my website it takes a while to download. I assume that there are too many photos? Domain name: fandjbics.com

Re: Jan Wilkens

I visited your website and your Icons are 500 kb on average. It is way too big and this is the reason why it takes too long. An Icon should not be bigger than approximately 3 to 4 kb
    Fadi Kaouk

http://www.kgcinternational.com - Recruitment Firm
    http://www.moneymachineguide.com - Make Money Online
    http://fadikaouk.blogspot.com - Make Money Blog
    http://www.pokerguideservice.com - Learn the game of Poker
    [B][COLOR=Lime][COLOR=Black]

Comment

Hi, the light box in my opinion should only be used for just a few images. You would be better using some small 5kb thumbnails & linking to pop ups or a gallery pages using some other software like jalbum. The BV gallery will work a lot faster, but remember to check the "Generate thumbnails images" box.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yes, I use the gallery feature on my stores, checking to generate thumbnails as Chris suggests - and it works great for me for loading times, and also the images are then clickable to larger sizes.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanx for the info! If I resize the pictures with the Pixresizer will this work?

Comment

It will certainly help, but you are looking at keeping the pages to a few hundred KB in total. So its a hard job to use the light box & achieve this.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris. Thanx for the info. Can you guide me step by step. The pictures are on my c drive. First off all I assume I would want to get them all the same size with the pix resizer? If i resize them to 600x400 they are round 10-15kb. What is the best option i.e. Lightbox or do I just use the image icon on BV webbuilder? Please help!

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Wilkens View Post
                Hi, I am a new member. I have created and published my website www.fandjbics.com Due to the nature of my business we have to market ourselves by placing images on the web. I used the lightbox feature and inserted the images from my c-drive. When I open my website it takes a while to download. I assume that there are too many photos? Domain name: fandjbics.com
                Image files way, way too big and enlarge into images which are not viewable.

Download the pic resizer from the Vodahost downloads and resize to a more managable size such as 600 x 450 pixels (size the thumbnails will enlarge to when you click on)

The Lightbox effect will then load fast and display better.

Comment

Thanks to all who assisted. I have managed to resize images and get my pages down to 300-500kb. Appreciate all the assistance.

Comment

Working...
                  X