Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with page

Hey, guys!

I am having a problem I don't understand. Please check out my site - www.institute-4-guitar-research.com. At the bottom of the home page there is a huge gap of blackness where the page ends before you stop scrolling using scroll bar. I have tried eliminating this using "page height" settings in page properties but this doesn't touch it. In fact, no matter where I set the page height, this black area is unaffected. Thank you for your help!

Re: Help with page

SEt your background to white go in page properties to set your page bigger theres a possible that theres a element there that we can not see because the back ground is black, when you switch it to white you may see it then remove it then put the page back the way you had it.
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Hi, you can try Main menu>layout>Guide settings> & un-check the Lock page sizes. Also on the last bit of text on your page (exciting offers in the near future!) Go to one space after the "!" & hit the delete button a few times to close the text box up a bit.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you Joe, that was the problem.

I have another question. When viewing this page on other people's computers I tend to see very varied results. Spacing between regular text and where I have inserted text boxes or bullet points becomes shifted so bad that sometimes elements overlap each other. Also, the text styles sometimes show up differently than on my computer. Why is that?

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Its best to work of both browsers internet explorer and mozzila each of them have different spacings. It may look good in one then you look at it in the other its different I came across that problem with my first site now when I preview a page I check it in both to work it out. Hope this will help you.
          sigpicJoe
          Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
          The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

I am sorry but I am quite naive about other browsers. I have heard of mozilla but what is it? Do I have to subscribe to it?
            Last edited by Axeman; 07-19-2008, 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

No, just google it and download it. Just google "browsers" there are quite a few out there.

Goldpaw
              www.relopros.net
              P V WebSolutions

Comment

it looks like the black background is an image. the total size being 41,666 bytes. if this is an image then you would have to import an image the exact size you want it to be.

right now most of the people are using internet explorer as the browser. Mozilla is just another program that you would use to view internet pages. I have looked at your page and see everything lined up very well. i use internet explorer.

hope this helps,
                mrmagoo144
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thank you everybody for your gracious help! I love this forum! I will put all of your advice to work. Good night!

Comment

Hi, please don't think of Fire fox as just another browser. It is fast catching up with IE with 40%+ visitors using it. I would personally build my site using FF for testing & the change things for IE. You will find a lot less work with alterations. Stats for who uses which browsers.

Good luck.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I agree with Chris. The two browsers to contend with are IE and Mozilla Firefox. They are the most widely used. If you get all your site's layout to perform well in both of these browsers then you have half the battle won.

As to the other half...well you know...maintaining a site is neverending work...
                      Karen Williams
                      Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Originally posted by Axeman View Post
                        Hey, guys!

I am having a problem I don't understand. Please check out my site - www.institute-4-guitar-research.com. At the bottom of the home page there is a huge gap of blackness where the page ends before you stop scrolling using scroll bar. I have tried eliminating this using "page height" settings in page properties but this doesn't touch it. In fact, no matter where I set the page height, this black area is unaffected. Thank you for your help!
                        Hi Axeman,

My opinion is that you should extend your shape length further down below
                        the last line of contact us.
                        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                        X