muliple copies of the same image on server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muliple copies of the same image on server

I know I have seen a posting about this, but has been a while back.
    When I open my Blue FTP, I have multiple copies of the images on my site. Can this be avoided? Do I need to change my file structure?
    Would be nice if the one uploaded image worked for the entire site(?). I may need to elababorate...

If you know of this post please redirect

Thanks in advance!
    perb31
    perb31
    "There is no place like this place so this must be the place", The Place Tavern - E Heideman

www.gilbertfuneralhomes.com

Re: muliple copies of the same image on server

Originally posted by perb31 View Post
    I know I have seen a posting about this, but has been a while back.
    When I open my Blue FTP, I have multiple copies of the images on my site. Can this be avoided? Do I need to change my file structure?
    Would be nice if the one uploaded image worked for the entire site(?). I may need to elababorate...

If you know of this post please redirect

Thanks in advance!
    perb31
    Hi .. if the uploaded image has the same name you should only have this one image in your files. But if it has been inserted onto your blue voda pages with different names, different sizes, then they will all show up there. Are you not finding this is the case?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi .. if the uploaded image has the same name you should only have this one image in your files. But if it has been inserted onto your blue voda pages with different names, different sizes, then they will all show up there. Are you not finding this is the case?
      This is not the case for me. For example, I have my banner on every page on my site. All pages have the same banner; Exact name and size. There is nothing different from page to page, but I have multiple copies of my banner on the server i.e. banner, banner_01, banner_02 and so on.
      HELP!!
      perb31
      "There is no place like this place so this must be the place", The Place Tavern - E Heideman

Comment

gilbert_banner_02 for home page
        gilbert_banner for about us
        gilbert_banner_03 for facillities
        gilbert_banner for obituarie
        gilbert_banner_01 for directions
        gilbert_banner for services
        gilbert_banner pre planing
        bv01166 for products
        gilbert_banner for resource center
        gilbert_banner_04 for contact
        these are how you banners came up to me its seem that they were written this way I just can't picture the server for example bv_1 when you have multible bv in folder it goes bv01 then bv 02
        Maybe you did it thae way its shown and forgot you added _1 _2 and so on just a thought
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

The name is the same for every page. I created a template that has been used for most every page on my site.
          perb31

Comment

I mis-typed The name of the banner is the same on every page.
            perb31

Comment

I myself would not worry about the extra banner names on the server having so much disk space this is very tiny issue since its not effecting the site I would just let it go.
              sigpicJoe
              Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
              The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Hi, as your pages are nearly all the same, you would have been better of making 1 page as a template & using this single page for all your pages. Its helps with things like? Parts of the page not moving around on page transitions. It also, dramatically keeps the image numbers down & enables faster loading pages, as when the 1st page is loaded all the main layout & images will be in the visitors cache & doesn’t have to be downloaded for every page.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                X