Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Templates

Hello all,
    Can someone tell me the correct way so save a template. I was able to download it to my index/homepage. I thought the "template tutorial" said to save it as a template. Do you then save additional pages as templates? Or just use "Save" or "save as" and the template will re-appear onto additional pages?

Regards
    Steve

Re: Saving Templates

Originally posted by 1PhillySteve View Post
    Hello all,
    Can someone tell me the correct way so save a template. I was able to download it to my index/homepage. I thought the "template tutorial" said to save it as a template. Do you then save additional pages as templates? Or just use "Save" or "save as" and the template will re-appear onto additional pages?

Regards
    Steve

Hi, what you do is begin each page with this template and then save as by the name of the page you are making - when you choose to open new page from template it will ask you to name the page - give the page a name and it will open and then build your page, then save as by the same name you have given your page, well unless you wanted to change the name ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Ladyeye, Now it makes sense.

Warm regards
      steve

Comment

Oh that's great ..yes, so you actually end up naming your page before you create and save it ... it starts each page with the very same things you put on it .. like navigation bars, headers, footers, your information that you will carry throughout your website on every page, add this to your template page firstly too, I am sure you are, but just wanted to mention.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X