Try this again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try this again

I have taken the excellent advise from members since my first request to view my site and hopefully made some improvements. Please visit my site and give your advise and check for errors. Thanks everyone who helps.

Leisa
    www.naturecoastcrafts.com
    Leisa

Re: Try this again

Hi, your links are working fine. The only thing I found was on the
    "about us" page.. where is says... "andhand made by us" there needs to be a space. I understand where you were going on your home page with the picture. (as I use a lot of pictures instead of templates myself) However the one you have chosen seems to be stretched too much. You might consider putting a frame over it with a transparent layer to make it look as though you wanted it look a bit obscure. I am working on a website now where I have used this type of filmy object over some bouganvilla. Look at my test page and I think you see what I mean.
    www.pvwebsolutions.com/casamagi1test.html
    look at the flower pictures on the right under the main casa pictures.
    Hope that helps! Good luck
    P V WebSolutions

Comment

I would remake the site with tables so it would expand (in my case) to the max possible and would make the rollovers use a preload script so you don't have to wait for the pictures to load. Another thing that bothered me was the buttons you use, I'd make the PayPal, cart and 'continue shopping' buttons have the same theme. At least get rid of the background for the 'continue shopping' button.
      Built for GFX & programming.

Comment

How long did it take the pictures to load?
        Leisa

Comment

Well I see your back the way you had the site before was more appealing you just had to take in all the advise that we gave you. I think now your going backwards instead of forward. the way you have the home page will be more appealling with the banner on top and larger sea shell crafts for home and lifestyle below it get rid of the continue shopping button the view cart has continue shopping, put the paypal banner on the bottom of the page. Instead of view our crafts make menu bars for them its just a wasted page the less click the person does the better.
          Like I said I believe the first one was better you just did not take the advise about the pixresizer and the background of the home page Its just my opinion.
          P.S when you have a thread about viewing site stick to the same thread as per forum rules
          sigpicJoe
          Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
          The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Is this the correct way to reply to a thread?
            Originally posted by jkadin View Post
            Well I see your back the way you had the site before was more appealing you just had to take in all the advise that we gave you. I think now your going backwards instead of forward. the way you have the home page will be more appealling with the banner on top and larger sea shell crafts for home and lifestyle below it get rid of the continue shopping button the view cart has continue shopping, put the paypal banner on the bottom of the page. Instead of view our crafts make menu bars for them its just a wasted page the less click the person does the better.
            Like I said I believe the first one was better you just did not take the advise about the pixresizer and the background of the home page Its just my opinion.
            P.S when you have a thread about viewing site stick to the same thread as per forum rules
            Leisa

Comment

I'm not familiar with preload script. Does Blue Voda provide a video with instructions?
              Originally posted by Virus_0X38T2 View Post
              I would remake the site with tables so it would expand (in my case) to the max possible and would make the rollovers use a preload script so you don't have to wait for the pictures to load. Another thing that bothered me was the buttons you use, I'd make the PayPal, cart and 'continue shopping' buttons have the same theme. At least get rid of the background for the 'continue shopping' button.
              Leisa

Comment

What I meant about sticking to the threads was you had showed this site before you could bring up a thread that you had posted earlier in your profile here. This way you can look at the advise about the hole picture of the website then you can decide actualy what to improve.
                sigpicJoe

Comment

[As usual I learned something new from you. I will make some changes (hopefully improvements) and get back to you. By the way, is my page width okay now? How long did it take for my pages to upload? Do you like the fading effect of the logo? It takes up a lot of space but I thought the square logo was too much. Your opinion?
                  quote=jkadin;245654]What I meant about sticking to the threads was you had showed this site before you could bring up a thread that
                  you had posted earlier in your profile here. This way you can look at the advise about the hole picture of the website then you can decide actualy what to improve.[/quote]
                  Leisa

Comment

Originally posted by tdveqflv View Post
                    I'm not familiar with preload script. Does Blue Voda provide a video with instructions?
                    I don't think so, if you want to make one just get ConTEXT or use another notepad-like html tag highlighting program to make the scripts yourself.

Here is a generator, just copy and paste, use the <div></div> tags to specify where and how you want the rollovers to appear: http://javascript.internet.com/gener...ad-images.html

OR

Here is a simple example: http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_d...verButtons.htm

Good luck, if you need a FTP client, Bulletproof ftp is the best (but it's only a trial unless you pay) otherwise get Filezilla (better than the default FTP).
                    Built for GFX & programming.

Comment

Thanks, I'll look into it.
                      Originally posted by Virus_0X38T2 View Post
                      I don't think so, if you want to make one just get ConTEXT or use another notepad-like html tag highlighting program to make the scripts yourself.

Here is a generator, just copy and paste, use the <div></div> tags to specify where and how you want the rollovers to appear: http://javascript.internet.com/gener...ad-images.html

OR

Here is a simple example: http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_d...verButtons.htm

Good luck, if you need a FTP client, Bulletproof ftp is the best (but it's only a trial unless you pay) otherwise get Filezilla (better than the default FTP).
                      Leisa

Comment

Take off the continue shopping button you have the view cart button that has the continue shopping besides that button has a white frame around it.
                        sigpicJoe

Comment

This is getting old, the constant "quoting" with no clear purpose and spinning wheels with little or no forward motion.

Joe had it right from the get-go: stick to this ONE THREAD for the remainder of your "Showcase Forum" interaction ....

This is the 2nd thread you created for this site! Forum Rules specifically permit only ONE THREAD PER WEBSITE to be created in the Showcase forum.
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                          X