X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales page copy/paste to home page failed

Hi...
    I am Sam (samiamhsd)

This is the third time in as many days that I have submitted this request. Each time I have been advised that "it should have been sent to....". My first question (rhetorical) is "Why wasn't it forwarded to the appropriate address? I am just a pipsqueak newbie nerd and I can forward any e-mail I receive. " Nuff said.

Problem: I cannot get more than one standard page worth of a very long sales letter to paste onto my index (home) page. Yes, I have done the videos.... all of them... half a dozen times.

HISTORY:

I have acquired a very long sales letter, ammended it to include my non-Voda affiliate clickbank hop code. Sales letter can be downloaded at:
    http://1SAMIAM.magicof makingup.hop.clickbank.net

I down loaded the file, opened it into note pad.
    Page source html was modified to include affiliate code.

Ammended file was then copied to clipboard.

I opened my BlueVoda Website Builder, right clicked in the open body and clicked 'properties'.

I set values to default.

Clicked on 'Text'

Adjusted 'Text' input field to full width of monitor screen.

Double clicked inside 'Text' field to edit.

Clicked edit in task bar; clicked 'Paste'.

Part of Sales Letter text (about top 20 lines) appeared in BV home page. Bummer!

After meditating over a cup of stale coffee, I concluded that I had not specified enough length in 'Properties" for the page length. Therefore!!!

I incremented the value upwards and tried again.
    No change. I repeated incrementation upwards until I quit at 60,000, all without getting the whole letter to display.

Scrolling down the page did not produce any more text than I had originally. Double Bummer!

I know you will give it your best shot and I understand from an engineering technician's point of view, that sometimes one's best shot just isn't good enough for the task. We all have limits and I can accept that. Creative suggestions are gratefully accepted and solicited.
    Thanks..

Sam

PS: My primary e-mail is shpathfinder.com
    (BTW, a BV techie answered one of my e-mails requesting the above details so as to attempt to *******te the problem at her terminal. Name was Laura, as I recall)

Last edited by samiamhsd; 07-21-2008, 05:50 PM. Reason: Included private info: P'wd & UID

Re: Sales page copy/paste to home page failed

Sam

There is file LENGTH that bv has, and I forget exactly what it is but, once you reach it, you cant go further. I suggest you break it up into several pages or rewrite it in a shorter format with links to more information inside of it. Besides of which if its that long almost nobody will read it anyway because theyve already fallen asleep or left your site. especially if you are selling those ebook etc or cd packages that 9 million others are also selling and full of yellow hilited text. while those techniques do work for the first 5000 sites, you might consider trying to recreate the beast and be the next winner on the next 5000 formats.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Sales page copy/paste to home page failed

One second.... I just need to fetch my spectacles....
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
      X