Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few important things to knw and add ?

hello there,
    i m very new to this website making but i m soon planning to make one with the help of bluevoda.
    i just joined this forum and thought to just browse it when i came thru different topics.
    a question came in my mind is what different things shud one keep in mind while making a site. i m not asking how to make it. but rather what different things do one need to add on the website which are almost needed. like for example date, time, maybe a guestbook.. such things r mostly similar in all the websites whatever the topic of the site maybe.
    anyone with such lists or ideas?
    thnx
    *Your life is what your thoughts make it*

Re: Few important things to knw and add ?

Hi .. consider your website like a book .. you want your website to capture the interest of the visitors, reveal to them the information they are looking for and hope they visit again and again .. your website can contain all of the information that you couldn't afford making a commercial ..

Guestbooks are not recommended as they are a spammers playground ..
    Most people know the date and time so that is not necessary ..

Good content, good navigation to and from all of your pages is important

Good optimized photos and images ..

Pages that load easy and quickly ..

Just a few for you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks for the info ... will surely look into these things when doing the site.

Comment

hellow my name is walter
        have some problem
        i want to create a web page but i dont know how can i do to index more page at the principal, for example is a put a menu, how i do to select the menu and the new selection.

Comment

Originally posted by walter garcia View Post
          hellow my name is walter
          have some problem
          i want to create a web page but i dont know how can i do to index more page at the principal, for example is a put a menu, how i do to select the menu and the new selection.

Hi, if you view the website building tutorials you will notice that your first page needs to be named, saved and published as index ..

However, all other pages can be named as you like, providing the names are all small letters, no spaces between words unless the words are joined together by the user of the _ underscore symbol ..

You might be referring to navigation of your website. It is good if you can access all pages from all pages .. so you need to create and use the linking system ..

View the tutorials hyperlinking, making it all come together ...

You can also have a read of my blue voda website building tips that can be found in my signature below ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

i have a question.
            what is the very first step tht i shud take inorder to start building the website. this is after i have planned everything wht i want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by talkativetaurus View Post
              i have a question.
              what is the very first step tht i shud take inorder to start building the website. this is after i have planned everything wht i want to do.
              It's nice to hear you are planning so well. Good for you ..

A few important things to consider:

1) The width of your page .. It's best to keep things within '800 for the page width, this allows anyone viewing from any computer to see your page without scrolling sideways. We are eventually moving to '1000 width, but for now we are still at '800. It's a preference but most people tick center in browser on the page, this will then center the browser on everyones computer as well. You begin building top left in the web builder, the page will center itself when ticked. You can apply your background color via page properties as well, this will fill in the sides on everyones computer.

2. Web friendly fonts. Although the blue voda site builder pulls in all of your own fonts available on your computer, everyone in the world does not have all of the fonts. So it is best to stick with web friendly fonts so that the font is the same as you have placed and formatted on your page. You can do a search for web friendly fonts if need be.

3. Read up in the search engine area of the forum, things that you also want to apply on your page properties .. like title (different than naming your page before you go to publish) but the title is what is found when you perform a search (google or otherwise). So this is an important area, as well as the page description.

4. Page loading times .. It's ideal if you can keep all material on your page to around 200 kbs. This includes any images or videos, etc., that you might use on your page. If you do this, your page will load instantly and not cause delays .. So be sure to optimize any images before you place them on the page .. Optimizing your images means resizing them to the natural size you want on your page .. as well as reducing the kbs of your image .. two useful tools for this is the free pix resizer voda host offers to use .. www.vodahost.com/library.htm and an online image optimizer at www.dynamicdrive.com

5. Navigation - make your site easy to use, easy to get around and easy to find the information you offer. We mentioned this before ..

6. Contact - it is best to use a contact form as opposed to linking your email address on your website. As I mentioned above, this email address would also be a spammers playground. So if you type your email address on the page, just don't link it.

There is a start ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

oh thanx for this grt help!
                i ll be bk if needed :)

Comment

is it possible to put 3D effect to our site .... just wondering ...if yes, then i did love to do it ... if its possible, may i knw how ?

help wud be much appreciated!

thnx.

Comment

hmmm .. well you'd need to create the artwork for a 3D site .. but any images or anything that you might find and use that are 3D can certainly be added .. and you could likely purchase a template somewhere that might have 3D graphic effects, you could do a google search for that, then you could use that, being careful to see what kind of installation instructions come with the template, how it might be edited and so on ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

how will i create the artwork now ?
                      i have no idea?

Comment

Originally posted by talkativetaurus View Post
                        how will i create the artwork now ?
                        i have no idea?

Hi .. how about giving an example website of what you might like to do and then we could advise you better of what you might need to accomplish what you would like to do ..

How about that .. ??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

u mean i shud tell u wht is my topic for the website ?

Comment

ok i got one more questn ...
                            i was lking thru web templates on the internet n came up with a query ...
                            its like at first i was thinking to make a banner of the subject i chose to create the website and put it on the top of my web page ... but the templates already have these things i think ... so if i put them on my pages will they allow me to put those banners n will they lk good ?

Comment

Working...
                            X