Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumb question, but.....deleting pages in Blue Voda

Hello all,

I'm brand new to Blue Voda and have completed a few of the initial tutorials, but for some reason I'm unable to see where you delete pages.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

thank you

Re: dumb question, but.....deleting pages in Blue Voda

Hi ..

If you are referring to the pages you create before you have them published you will find them on your computer in MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA ... if you are referring to published pages, you can log into your control panel, file manager, choose the directory (folder) for your domain - public_html if it is your main domain or the domain name if it is an add on domain .. and then proceed to delete the .html page that you want to delete ...

You can also open up your blue voda (.bvp files) you create and make changes on them and republish again too ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi i have a similar question how to deleate pages already published. When i go to control panel it isnt saved in one file. whys that? it has saved picture separately, texted separately. is is because i havent locked my page before publishing?? how do i figure out now which is which??
      sigpicwww.summersands.in

Comment

All you have to do is go into CPanel, go to your file manager, open public_html and delete the pages that you want. All of your pages that you publish and all the files including jpg's etc are uploaded onto there. And yes every file is saved and listed seperately. If you are trying to figure out which picture is which. you can open a seperate window that you have your pictures stored on ex: my pictures and each picture has its own file name. You can then look in your CPanel file manager and match up the ones you want and don't
        Brian

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks."

www.schompinsurance.com

Comment

thanks brian for the net :)
          sigpicwww.summersands.in

Comment

ROFL..... well I aim to please
            Brian

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks."

www.schompinsurance.com

Comment

ROFL = ?
              One more Question. say i publish index, index1 and index2 and i want to change from index to index1 as my home page, then do i go to the control panel and just make the changes or do I have to republish changing index1 to index. I am assuming home pages have to be named as index. or can they be named as index1 as well??
              sigpicwww.summersands.in

Comment

"Rolling On The Floor Laughing" To see more to be on the same page, try this link

Say you want your "index2" version to be the real index...Before you begin, I suggest archiving your current "index" page in case you wish to ever ressurect it: open it, and SAVE AS "index-retired080908" (or something like that) which will close the current "index" page file without harming it.
                You will need to re-name your index2 to another name (maybe "index-old2") and re-save it (which will automatically close the open index2 file without harming it), and then re-open "index2" and Save as "index" (overwriting the current version of "index" which you already protected by archiving under a different name).....and then publish that new "index' to overwrite the verson on your server.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

thank you vry much Vasili. just on emore doubt is this procedure done on my comp where i store my files, on the CP or on both. Better on both i suppose. SO should I have a problem with my comp, it will be on the Control Panel.or it doesnt work that way??
                  sigpicwww.summersands.in

Comment

Ack... you beat me to it General ... all hail the general... We're not worthy (bows) :)
                    Brian

www.schompinsurance.com

Comment

Working...
                    X