No announcement yet.

Photos deleted, can they be recovered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos deleted, can they be recovered?

I didn't know my husband had set the recycle bin to delete immediately. I didn't know that when I deleted one folder of duplicate pictures on Picasa - used to pull out some pictures to use PIXresizer to create a flash element and/or photo gallery, that it would delete those images from all the folders.

Now those images are gone. I have them still in their resized thumbnail format, but my gallery pictures are now stretched and skewed and my flash never worked.

Does anyone know how I can a) recover my photos from the dark depths of my hard drive or b) fix my flash/gallery with the thumbnails I still have?

I can't believe I lost my baby's first birthday picts. Or my daughters's first lessons. Or my 4 yr olds birthday party.... think I'll go cry.

Re: Photos deleted, can they be recovered?

Have you published the images to your server yet? If yes, they are still there and you can FTP them back to your computer.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

No, I'm still in the development phase. Since my gallery on my bv page is the last remaining evidence of my pictures, I'm trying to print it. I print preview and it looks fine, although it is not printing. I've tried copying and pasting the gallery into another program, doesn't work. Any ideas?

I've also tried d/l file undelete programs to no avail.

Comment

Are the pix also in your BlueVoda/Images folder?
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

They were until Picasa kindly deleted them.

Comment

My last hope at the moment is to print the gallery. When I print preview, it looks fine, when I hit print, it prints the first image very large - quite differently from the 9 small photo layout I had previewed. Do you know how to print the page as is?

Comment

When you click on the thumbnail in preview does a larger image pop up? If yes, you can right click on the image and "Save Picture As" to your hard drive.
              If they open in the pop up they are still on yor computer...somewhere.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Great idea! Interestingly, 2 of my galleries showed up, the 3rd had x'd out photos, but when selected, brought up even smaller thumbnails. I clicked on them to enlarge, and then was able to drag them into the IE preview page and then I could right click to save the image. The 2 galleries that showed up, the images were skewed, but were fine when I clicked on them to enlarge, and then right click to save. Whew! You're a life saver!

I've been wrangling with my Canon photo printer. I discovered I needed to drastically shrink the size of the gallery to print the whole thing on one page. It worked great on plain paper in fast mode, but when switched to photo paper on high quality, the images were enlarged. I was forced to print on low/fast quality to get all the images on one sheet. After much trial and trial (16 sheets - both sides used, I'm out of photo paper and my my ink cartridge is done!) at least I've got something in real honest to God hard copy.

And thanks to you, my photos are back. They are thumbnail size, but hey, they're back!

Now I can sleep well. ))) Thank you!!!

Comment

Have you tried resizing your thumbnails with PIXresizer?
                  Patsy
                  www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

No I haven't tried that... that's interesting, I wonder if it would work!

Thanks for the suggestion!!

Comment

Working...
                    X