Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grief from the off.....help!!!

hi,
    i am new to all this, but am trying to make 2 simple? websites...sjs-artandsoul.com, and gemporium.biz.
    i've spent days going round in circles, reading tutorials, watching vids, but i can't even get two simple things sorted out...
    i had played with a homepage, published it, and it viewed ok- on both url addresses(sjs and gem).
    confident i'd made a connection i redid the page (it's only got 5 pics and 2 tables on it- no major quantity), but it would not change on the url.
    i've had a ticket, the guy's told me to change gem to an addon, so i have.
    how do i now get my page to publish to gem.biz, and not sjs? because now all i see is a blank page with "index of..."
    this is all suppose to be super easy...i'm not thick- i have a fair few exams under my belt, but all this is really getting me down, and i feel like an idiot, despite the tutorials nothings going right.
    is there anyone who can make reasonable sense of my problem, and offer some help? before i throw the pc in the bin!!!
    thanks
    sharon
    cheers muchly,
    Sharon Simmons

www.gemporium.biz for funky artphotos
    www.gemporiumtm.etsy.com for funky jewellery

Re: grief from the off.....help!!!

Hi, if sjs is your main site & your have published its pages to public_html, this is good.
    Now when you created the add on site you should have a folder in your cpanel called gemporium? So you would publish this sites pages to public_html/gemporium/
    Remember to have 2 folders on your home machine to seperate the sites. IE: you will have 2 index pages & would naturally not want to override each of them.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

hi, thanks for that...i think it's sorted now...there's just so much to take in, it gets overwhelming.

thankyou,
      sharon
      cheers muchly,
      Sharon Simmons

www.gemporium.biz for funky artphotos
      www.gemporiumtm.etsy.com for funky jewellery

Comment

Sharon I did exactly the same. So take heart you are not alone. Now I can't get one of my pages to publish and I can't publish some of my changes! We WILL learn in time? I hope so.
        Patsy
        www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X