Voip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voip

Just wondering, does anyone here use Vonage or any other VOIP phone service? If so, what do you think of it? I'm considering trying it, but thought I'd see if anyone has any experience with it. Thanks.
    My NASCAR Forum

Re: Voip

I have road runner VOIP, its works just a good as a regular phone, the only downside is is takes about 5 seconds longer to dial.

PS - I would be careful with vonage, I don't know if they have fixed this issue, but I know there were cases where people couldn't dial 911 with vonage. (I forget if it was because it just wouldn't work, or if you have to pay an additional fee)

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Vonage says they've fixed the 911 issue for most areas, including mine. It also looks like Vonage is my only option. I love Road Runner, had their internet service when I lived in Cincinnati. But, I live in a remote area these days and don't have access to them anymore.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Check out www.Skype.com we have it installed on every computer and use it
        for all long distance calls...very cheap! ( we are very happy with, why pay more
        if you do not have to)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you, *****. All along, I've always thought Skype was just for pc to pc calls.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Skype is fantastic...Just make sure you get a good USB head set with a mic
            and you will love it. Click below to see there rates.

http://www.skype.com/products/skypeo...l?currency=USD

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you again, *****. Looks like this is the way I'm going to go.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

skype is good but i like teamspeak you can chat with more than you can handle all at once but it has two things to use 1 is handsfree but i dont recommmend due to any noisein background others will hear it and 2 you can choose a button to hold to speak then release to hear the others i use rt ctrl button.
                "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

It's FREE and good please, click here

Regards,

Zlatko
                  www.mercataworld.com
                  www.mornington-motel.com
                  www.mercataworld.com
                  www.marradonconstructions.com
                  www.ekm-inspirationalmusic.com

Comment

My g/f switched to Vonage - because it has more options than she could use with Skype. She has her 800 # go through it also. And last year when they lost power for several days - even tho her computer was down - she had all her calls programmed to go to her cell phone and didn't lose calls.

She does say that sometimes the quality isn't as good - but I've been to her house and the quality is better than I had at my last land line - most of the time - so it depends on where you are and whose service you have.

Good luck with your decision.

BTW, 911 doesn't work the same with lots of these services - nor does it work the same on all cell phones. I suggest people program their local numbers in when they get any of these services. - just to be on the safe side.
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                    X