PDA

View Full Version : I need help!

bsobf3
07-24-2008, 03:05 AM
After I published my pages they looked great when I went to my sight but everyone else says the resolution is too big....how do I correct my pages to look normal? Please help! www.portraitsbydianerice.com (http://www.portraitsbydianerice.com)
Thanks in advance!

goldpaw
07-24-2008, 03:12 AM
Hi Diane,
Nice site, however it takes a long time to load the pages. Did you use the
pix resizer on your pics? That may be part of your problem. Also, the
resolution or font size ... check in your BV window to see how large you
wanted the font. They appear to me to be a pretty large font.
Let me know, ok?
Pat

bsobf3
07-24-2008, 03:19 AM
Hi Diane,
Nice site, however it takes a long time to load the pages. Did you use the
pix resizer on your pics? That may be part of your problem. Also, the
resolution or font size ... check in your BV window to see how large you
wanted the font. They appear to me to be a pretty large font.
Let me know, ok?
Pat
How do I do the pix resizer? Also when I did my font it looked like the perfect size on my computer (and still does) but on others they are saying it's too big or not even the font I used. Why would that be?
Thanks!

bsobf3
07-24-2008, 03:34 AM
I downloaded the pix resizer but now do I have to redo each and every picture before I republish it??

D'son
07-24-2008, 04:18 AM
First if you are going to resize the pictures yes, you have to that before republishing that page. Also I think what people are trying to tell you is your pages are far to wide for most older monitors, click on a blank area of your page and set the page properties to 800 to 1000 wide, adjust your page elements accordingly if needed, and click the center in browser. I havent used Blue Vodas pic resizer so I can't give you any advise on using it but if it anything like the other tools in this program it should be pretty strait forward good luck and I will check back.

jkadin
07-24-2008, 04:18 AM
I believe what they had meant by resolution is that your pages are way to wide pages to have a good presentation is to have them at 800-1000 the way you have the page set is at 1350 wide it may look ok on your computer but there are at least 20% of people have 800 wide monitors and another at least 25 % have 1024 monitors with that in mind almost half yhe people thats on the net will have scrolling which you do not want got to cut those pages down it does load good on my end good luck with it.

bsobf3
07-24-2008, 04:55 AM
First if you are going to resize the pictures yes, you have to that before republishing that page. Also I think what people are trying to tell you is your pages are far to wide for most older monitors, click on a blank area of your page and set the page properties to 800 to 1000 wide, adjust your page elements accordingly if needed, and click the center in browser. I havent used Blue Vodas pic resizer so I can't give you any advise on using it but if it anything like the other tools in this program it should be pretty strait forward good luck and I will check back.
Thank you...Thank you! I will do this.

bsobf3
07-24-2008, 04:57 AM
I believe what they had meant by resolution is that your pages are way to wide pages to have a good presentation is to have them at 800-1000 the way you have the page set is at 1350 wide it may look ok on your computer but there are at least 20% of people have 800 wide monitors and another at least 25 % have 1024 monitors with that in mind almost half yhe people thats on the net will have scrolling which you do not want got to cut those pages down it does load good on my end good luck with it.
Thank you also! I really appreciate the help.

D'son
07-24-2008, 04:58 AM
Glad we could help.

Jkadin beat you to the post by just seconds, but are we on the same page or what?

zuriatman
07-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi Diane,

There are several problems with your website:

1] Your font is too large
2] The wedding photo that is slow to load is because it is too large.
1582w x 2369h is a huge and monstrous image packing 5.8mb.

I recommend you use the BV Lightbox and resize your photos to a uniform height of 500pixels only.

As an example click on the orchid gallery url below to view size samples of
images. I set mine at 600pixels H.

PIXRESIZER: Open a new folder in your pc and copy all the photos to resize
to this folder. Then open PixResizer and choose Multiples files and goto the new folder and select all the photos.
Set your picture height as suggested above and then click OK.