Clear All

• Getting a headache now

I have named the pages per the lessons
    if you look at www.maxwell-j.ca
    i can sometimes get the home page up and sometimes not, page not there
    none of my menu links work, it worked once when i hit preview they worked
    then went into explorer..typed my domain name and search
    i get not found, may be different....this is the second time i have had to
    redo everything as somehow downloaded some script thing in the root directory whatever all this is.
    i am getting frustrated...my pages are named in small letters, no spaces
    http://www.maxwell-j.ca/photopage.html
    that sometimes will bring that page but you have to type each page indivually like above
    what the heck am i doing wrong

maxwell

Re: arrghhhhh

Hello Maxwell,

I just clicked on www.maxwell-j.ca EVERY SINGLE menu button hyperlink you
    have is created wrong.....Click on the below....

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt4/08.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Getting a headache now

I have a page called index and one called home what do i keep, i am so confused
      i have two different menu bars on each one of them
      what the heck am i doing wrong
      I have watched the video somany times i know it by heart but my still not linking
      1. called home(should this be my index page? somehow i have two of them)...menu http://www.maxwell-j.ca
      2. My Story...http://www mydomain.ca/mystory.html
      3. My Story Part 2...as above /mystorypart2.html

should everything read exactly the same..eg. my photo page says photopage but named it in menu set up as photo journey....
      i am screwing myself up big time

H e l p me please>>>>>>>

Comment

Re: Getting a headache now

Maxwell, when you create your links, you must make sure you include the .html extension or they won't show. Your links take me to 404 error pages, but if I type in .html at the end of the url, they come right up. You're publishing correctly, but missing a step in creating your links.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

thanks for your help but i have put .html at the end of each link in the
          menu except for the home page as the video for creating does not have it in first example where you name page Home with just domain name no html but do have that at the end of all the other pages.
          also when i preview home page, explorer has some yellow blurb at the top about security thing and disable or enable script or something and about
          security about others view the site....i dont know...just wish the thing would work...so many are waiting for it

max

Comment

Okay, this is the url that comes up when I click on your photo page button, click it and see what happens: http://www.maxwell-j.ca/photopage. This is how you should create the link, click it and see what happens: http://www.maxwell-j.ca/photopage.html. You can tell me you've created your links properly, but I can see you haven't. Take your time, go through it step by step and you'll be in good shape. Your pages are very nice, btw.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

ready to toss in the towell

ok,
              I have renamed all the pages with the .html at the end.
              i click the voda icon on my desktop
              open index page
              click preview
              up comes home page again click home
              and it comes up again with yellow banner that says with little shield in corner that says (to help protect your security int expl has restricted this file from showing active content that could acess your computer) then littlespot to click here for info...allow block content and whats the risk
              risks..rqrs active x or compputer code script.
              last time i may have clicked ok allow blocked access and that could be what caused my site to not work and had to get my site deleted and start all over again because of downloading some script thing in my root directory what ever that is.
              anyhow
              when i click preview and get the home page with the yellow banner i can click on menu items and get my pages....but when in netscape and tried to find my site with www.maxwell-j.ca nothing happens.
              i also cant seem to get a counter and guest book.
              i find the one i want from bravenet for gueust book..copy the link, go to a blank page on voda, click the html box, click paste and another box up opens and at top is my link and big blank box under it about tags
              click ok ...but nothing happens my blank page only has grey box with html writtenall over it just like when i first did it.
              i know i am not that illiterate with my pc but sure feel like it now...
              max

Comment

It's the LINKS you need to add the .html to, Maxwell. In BV, double click the menu bar, go to each url and type .html at the end. Click Okay and publish.

The warning page you're seeing has to do with your pc's security settings, not the website.

Why not just use the Guest Book available through Fantastico in your Cpanel? Also keep in mind that anything you put into the HTML insert box is only going to be viewable upon previewing or publishing.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

still having problems

i can actually access the site now on explorer butwith a couple glitches
                  some of the photos only show a little red x in the corner..and not photo what has happened to the photo

2. i pull up index (which i have named as home page) when i click preview
                  and click on button for home....the menu bars are different than when i click on just index to acess the page....i have changed a button from underconstruction to read journal2006, have saved as this, published, but yet when i acess www.maxwell-j.ca and click home the last two buttons
                  say underconstruction...not sure how to fix this as if i click preview on index page it is correct with 2 rows of buttons one of 5 and one of 4
                  argh...here i thought i had it right.....spent hours today redoing all of the
                  menu buttons very slowwwwly. finishing the journal...have a guest book and counter sometimes...
                  want to add a page of my favourite sites...using the go menu
                  if i can figure that one out so that they all work

max

Comment

Hi Maxwell
                    I had a look at your site and tried all the links I got no errors at all so either you have fixed it or you have a problem with your browser itself.

Comment

Working...
                    X