oscommerce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oscommerce

Help.... I'm new here and I have been trying this on my own big mistake to make matters worse I don't know my way around a computer. I am trying to get oscommerce to work on bv. I went to the site and sownloaded the 2.2 sip file what I don't know is how to upload the cat. folder to the root directory via FTP or how to do the rest of the direction... again don't know my way around a computer. If someone could help me I would love it. ready to throw the computer. www.eviltwinmotorcycle.com

Re: oscommerce

osCommerce is a robust eCommerce "shopping cart" script that is web-based (meaning it is accessible via an online Admin panel, not directly like Blue Voda), and requires it to be run directly within your account on the server, not as a program you can run off your computer.

Also, osCommerce is not compatible with installing to, or running from Blue Voda --- they are 2 totally different animals, and must be kept in different corners of your brain.

If you downloaded the current version from osCommerce dirtectly, the full installation instructions are included within the Zipped folder as a ".txt" file (which you can open in Notepad). You need to follow them precisely.

If you choose to load versios 1.5 with just a few clicks, you can do so via Fantastico! in your Control Panel. It is simply the easiest way to load osCommerce automatically into your VodaHost account.

You should use the "osCommerce Support" link in my signature below to familiarize yourself with the entire osCommerce Community: the Support Forums (where you will find all the tips, tricks, and answers to your 'problems'), the Add-on Contributions Archive (where you can select specific modules to add functionality), and even a selection of templates.... very limited peer-to-peer support is available in the VodaTalk forums, although there is a fine set of Tutorials for you to study.

If you get hung up and need some professional help, can rely on www.ProWebsUnlimited.com for affordable solutions and top results for installations, customizations, and other eCommerce expertise.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X