Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I thought I was doing so well...

hi,
    hope someone can answer this one....I managed to get my site looking half reasonable,(for a COMPLETE novice and pc illiterate).
    pics were up, links were working...everything worked...fantastic! and unexpected!

but I continued to develop pages etc, and when I checked today the sites up and working...but no pics!!!

i have since resaved each page- all show properly on preview- and re-published each page, but the changes aren't happening- still no pics.

www.gemporium.biz

anyone know what the issue is....and how to rectify it?

is it simply a matter of time for new publishing to show?

also, when it it published,i see the pic files go into html files(via control panel), are these updated each time as well? or does it still pull the pics from my pc files? ( i only ask coz i moved folders todays ago, but have republished and previewed several times since then, and would have thought it would have accepted new links??)

hope you can help,
    sharon
    cheers muchly,
    Sharon Simmons

www.gemporium.biz for funky artphotos
    www.gemporiumtm.etsy.com for funky jewellery

Re: And I thought I was doing so well...

Sharon,

Rename your images, don't have any gaps in the names. seperate words with an underscore _

Try that, it might be the cause.

The pictures DO go onto your server, but you still need to keep them on your pc. Every time you move them, when you open up your builder you will have to repoint all your images again, so try not to move them too often.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

hi,
      yes i found that originally when i moved the folder,so i did repoint once, but it's where it should be now so no more moving...
      i'll have a go with the renaming, hopefully it'll work...beback again if it doesn't...
      fingers crossed
      thanks
      sharon
      cheers muchly,
      Sharon Simmons

Comment

hi,
        no sorry, that hasn't done it....
        all my pics have underscores now, and i worked on one page to make sure i'd done everything, resaved,republished, but still nothing...not even the text that automatically comes up in bv text boxes!
        now i'm stumped...

sharon
        cheers muchly,
        Sharon Simmons

Comment

You didnt change them all .. dandelions still shows 20% in the spaces. You also have them all as bmp which is a windows format.. you need to load up a photo editor and batch them all over to .jpg or .gif

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hi,
            thanks for that...
            just been through them, only the cart buttons were bitmaps,and the dandelions on h/page.all the rest are jpegs already, and i've triple checked, none have spaces.
            is it possible that the publishing button isn't working right and the changes aren't being made?
            if all my pages had been saved, and were all working right, i can't work out why that would suddenly change, when all i had done was republish.
            i read in one of the other threads that each time you publish a page it's supposed to overwrite anything before it...so why hasn't it?? it's not publishing what i see perfectly well in preview.
            if on my pc all the pics are jpegs, with no spaces, why isn't that being transferred?

i'm back to pulling my hair out, it's beyound my logic,
            any ideas??

sharon
            cheers muchly,
            Sharon Simmons

Comment

Hi,

Since you created the gallery using a non BV program or software or template, I think the glitch is in the program you used. Are you using
              Html or pHp?
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

hi,
                i know nothing about sitebuilding, so i am using the bogstandard bv website builder, the only external thing is gallery, and i'm not using it at all, just haven't removed it.
                everything added in has been added through the bv builder,pics,links,paypal etc.
                it all worked fine 3 days ago...

thanks
                sharon
                cheers muchly,
                Sharon Simmons

Comment

Have you enabled hotlink protection? That will keep the images from showing.
                  Hold down your Ctrl key and click on the "Refresh" icon to clear your cache.
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Working...
                  X