Please review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review

Hello I am building a new directory specifically for the Office Supplies & Services Industry in the UK and using everything I've learned from you guys here.

I have used Navals suggestion for the menu

Thanks Naval - Excellent tutorial.

Please let me know what you think, and any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you have a UK business that fits this directory. Contact me through my signature and I'll list you for Free

Thanks

Darren

PS I still have to do the contact page

Re: Please review

Looking good, slightly light on the text colour on my monitor, but this may be my settings. Like the bread crumb trail, what script did you use for this.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Great job well done.
      sigpicJoe
      Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Darren,

I like this site a lot... but a couple of things.

I DO like the red, and in the navigation section the red headings 'index' and 'categories' is fine, but the actual sub page listings I feel are a tad too difficult to see. I think you should either play around with the text colour, background colour or both to fine tune this. I apparently have excellent eye sight according to my recent check, but I am struggling a little with the colour combination here.

One other thing. Not sure where you are aiming your base revenue from this, whether you plan for advertisers or for Google Adsense to bring in the bulk of the revenue but I feel you have not given Adsense a good chance of producing a steady income from this site from where you have placed the blocks of ads.

Get them at the top of the page Darren, at least until you have some advertisers. I notice the adsense is bringing you some good results for the categories they are listed under, so by moving them to the top of the page and placing the 'place an advert for 5p a day' blocks underneath you WILL increase your revenue quite drastically once the visitors start kicking in.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for looking Chris

I didn't use a script for the bread crumb trail. I just inserted text and changed it for each page.

Regards

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
            Darren,

I like this site a lot... but a couple of things.

I DO like the red, and in the navigation section the red headings 'index' and 'categories' is fine, but the actual sub page listings I feel are a tad too difficult to see. I think you should either play around with the text colour, background colour or both to fine tune this. I apparently have excellent eye sight according to my recent check, but I am struggling a little with the colour combination here.

One other thing. Not sure where you are aiming your base revenue from this, whether you plan for advertisers or for Google Adsense to bring in the bulk of the revenue but I feel you have not given Adsense a good chance of producing a steady income from this site from where you have placed the blocks of ads.

Get them at the top of the page Darren, at least until you have some advertisers. I notice the adsense is bringing you some good results for the categories they are listed under, so by moving them to the top of the page and placing the 'place an advert for 5p a day' blocks underneath you WILL increase your revenue quite drastically once the visitors start kicking in.
            Thanks Ramsey

Good comments, and I will look at your suggestions. Did you look at the wedding page?

Darren

Might have to jiggle things

Comment

Originally posted by DCOFFICESERVICES View Post
              Thanks Ramsey

Good comments, and I will look at your suggestions. Did you look at the wedding page?

Darren

Might have to jiggle things
              I have a couple of sites that we can do a deal on a home page exchange maybe??? Next time you phone me remind me to talk to you about this.

Trust me, the Google jiggling will make a HUGE difference to revenue, I can vouch for that. (deoending on volume of traffic obviously)
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
              X