New page won't open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New page won't open?

I have had my website up and running for several weeks now with just a few minor problems that I was able to work out. I recently added a new page to my website, reviewed it just after adding all products (via the internet) and all was well. I am trying to go on to that page now as well as some of my friends and i says interent explorer can not open the page! Can anyone tell me what might be causing this? Thank you in advance for any ssistance you can offer!
    Tina
    P.S. It is a SoHo site!

Re: New page won't open?

Whats the site?
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Well thank you for your quick response, I apologize for the delay in repsonse however I have had problems with logging into this forum since day one as well and could not get in. I requested a support ticket and after several back and forth replies they have determined that my web browser is timing out which I know is not the case. I as well as several friends and family members are having the same problem. Most with brand new computers and high speed internet but of course they don't want to hear that. As I told them, I was lead to believe that Soholaunch was made for my kind of website but I am now thinking that may not be true. There are 187 items on the page in question and when complete, several of the other pages will have in excess of 187 items and apparently it will not work anyway based on their conclusion. Very disappointing! Thanks again for your offer to assist!
      Tina Gwynne

Comment

Well 187 items on the page isnt an issue..depending on how you added them. And I cant concur that it wont work without knowing the particulars of the situation.

If you mean 187 products on the page.. depending on how you add them could be an issue. If you are using a table and manually linking all would work.. if you are dragging the shopping element to a page then you cant do more than 30 per page. However, you can add additional pages. A shopper isnt going to scroll down to see 187 products all on one page anyway

You will run into similar limits with any cart software...thats why when you shop a site and by category you often see page 2 page 3 etc or next previous etc..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes I have and think that makes perfect sense. I asked this question, "is it possible to create numbered pages" and they never answered, their only response I got was that my browser must be timing out. I am dragging and droppong products to the page. Can you tell me how to create numbered pages?
          Thank you,
          Tina Gwynne

Comment

When you create the page number it on the page as if it were regular text, page 1, page 2, etc. then when you save the page save it as somepoduct_page_1, someproduct_page_2, etc and link to that when you click next or previous.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Originally posted by Tina Gwynne View Post
              Yes I have and think that makes perfect sense. I asked this question, "is it possible to create numbered pages" and they never answered, their only response I got was that my browser must be timing out. I am dragging and droppong products to the page. Can you tell me how to create numbered pages?
              Thank you,
              Tina Gwynne
              Well in Soho you make pages and add them as a "sub" of that category in the navigation manager.. You could call them whatever page 2 etc keeping in mind that the name can add to your SEO tactics.. so for say Christmas.. i might have a sub page.. Christmas 2006, Christmas 2007
              or lets say...
              Christmas Ornaments..Christmas Angels, Christmas Lights, Christmas Figurines, Christmas Candles

or.. you could say just Christmas, Christmas 2, Christmas 3..etc

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Well thank you both, my next question would have been do I create additional pages as sub pages? I will try that!
                Thanks again,
                Tina

Comment

Just create the page as normal and dont put it on menu. Go to the navigation manager.. find it on the list on the left, hilite it...click add as sub in them middle, it will then be on the right, and then you can use the up down arrows to move it up under the main page you want it to be a sub of.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Okay, I have set up the pages and loaded the items just as described. Is it possible now to just click next at the bottom of the page or even have a drop down page number list at the bottom of the page so customers won't have to scroll back up to the sub menu list under the Christmas page to view each page?

Thanks again,
                    Tina

Comment

Working...
                    X