Using soholaunch and BV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using soholaunch and BV

Soholaunch has been around for a while and as a liscensed domain user (since ver3.7) I have gained at lot of experience with this on-line editor.

First things first Soholaunch Forum is a mine of information as is this forum.
    Secondly for the more techie types there is a on- line users manual.

With regards soholaunch basics:
    The template is based upon a header section containing template graphics.
    The body section consists of a tabular (TD) layout. Any object added by the on-line page editor introduces another table (TD) element within the relevant cell object shown on the edit page screen. The body TD object can hold "smart tags" . By default most templates include the 3 main "smart tags" #LOGO#, #VMENU# and #CONTENT#.
    Sounds confusing here's the way I made this site (also answers questions about incorporating Porta web album.)
    First I downloaded the the Template directory I had chosen in Soholaunch web wizard from the following path :
    /public_html/sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages/Template_name

Next I imported the index.html from within the downloaded template directory into the Blue Voda visual editor. From the resulting view I deleted all elements except #CONTENT# saved the page as index.bvp. This import is required as it loads within the page the required "html" tags for the soholaunch editor to function correctly. Now I republished the page to URL path as in download.

The next page is a blank page containing an in-line frame pointing to the url of my Porta generated picture album. ( played around with preview feature to get the proper frame size) Saved the page with relevant name and then in page properties dialog entered in the "publish as" line the following suffix "inc" --see online manual regarding custom code-- .Next I published the page to the /pubic_html/media/ folder (soholaunch uses this folder by default as repository of uploaded objects.)
    Within the the soholaunch on-line editor I chose to edit the home page,
    the only content being the #CONTENT# template content. Using the drag and drop waste basket I deleted this object then dragged the custom code object to the center of the grid. The dialog box enables the choice of the relevant .inc page. Saved page and in preview website Hey Presto!
    a blue voda inline frame based web page pointing to a Porta web album.
    The Home page can include other objects , playing around gives you an idea how the tabular layouts positions objects within the page.
    Hope this helps those wanting the best of both worlds.
    To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research!

Re: Using soholaunch and BV

Your Hired ;)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello, I'm HOney and i'm struggling to build my website. AFTER I've made it in my com, how do i post it - I'm a Vodahost customer.
      sigpicLove and let love.

Comment

Originally posted by honey View Post
        Hello, I'm HOney and i'm struggling to build my website. AFTER I've made it in my com, how do i post it - I'm a Vodahost customer.
        You already published several pages. Might I suggest you start a new thread, it will help you keep track of the suggestions and help, :- )
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
        X