No announcement yet.

customer pic uploads to my site-how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customer pic uploads to my site-how to?

hi,
    not sure if this is the right area, but can't see anything similar elsewhere...
    my question is- how can i add a box on my sitepage that will allow a 3rd party to upload an image to me?

www.gemporium.biz/Yourphotos

the images will be varied in size, but not exceeding 25 mb.
    i was considering doing an email link, but don't think an image that size will get to me.

also,when uploaded, can i store customer images temporarily in their own file, and get an email sent to me to let me know one has been uploaded? how do i set this up?

if you check out the site you'll see it's really basic, i don't know a thing about sitebuilding and going for the less complicated options. i get a feeling this is going to be a tricky bit, so any advice will be greatly welcomed

many thanks
    sharon
    cheers muchly,
    Sharon Simmons

www.gemporium.biz for funky artphotos
    www.gemporiumtm.etsy.com for funky jewellery

Re: customer pic uploads to my site-how to?

Hi, you will need a script for this. Maybe Naval can help you out. Not sure why you would want the facility of a 25meg image??????? Or is this total size of all images that can be uploaded.?
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

ABVFP will do what you want automatically.
      However, i doubt that your server settings allow 25Mb file upload. There are techniques that will allow this, but certain settings must be changed. If you have no experience, you might need to pay somthing to get this done. If interested, you may contact me.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hi,
        the 25meg is so that i get the highest quality image for enlarging to say, 1.5m x 1m. pixel size is important.most pics won't be that size, but the bigger the required poster, the bigger image i need to make it.

you're right, i don't know the first thing about script, but i was hoping there's a way i can get it done with all the bits available here.if i could afford to pay someone to build a site, believe me i would, coz this is driving me nuts!this is a budget build to begin to generate some income for me.
        is there a way that i can get it done myself? unless anyone is feeling particularly benevolent?

many thanks
        sharon
        cheers muchly,
        Sharon Simmons

Comment

Ok, visit the ABVFP thread (in teh Forms forum), download and install it. In the zip that you will download there is a full step by step tutorial.
          Then visit this thread: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...uploading.html
          on how to change the uploaded file limit.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks for that!
            i'll have a go...hopefully when this takes off i will be able to pay others to do the stuff i can't- might keep my hair that way!!!

thanks
            sharon
            cheers muchly,
            Sharon Simmons

Comment

hi,
              i was doing so well...i have made a database in mysql, with user etc.

i have uploaded all relevant files to a new ABVFP as directed...I've even managed to play and adjust a form to suit, with correct field exts- i hope!

i have put a link on the site page to go to the form and open it, but it won't!
              this is my current problem...whatever address i try to use i keep getting a 404 error. any idea why? what specific details do you need to help? i am using pretty much the same address as other links- bar the file name, obviously...and they work fine.

once i get this done i can see if it works ok, then start worrying about the file sizes...

hope you can help...
              sharon
              cheers muchly,
              Sharon Simmons

Comment

Please provide the link to the form page. so i can have a look

I am not sure that i have correctly understood: you get a 404 Page not found error, when you submit the form ? Or when ?
                Navaldesign

Comment

hi,
                  i've solved that problem, but found a bigger one!! which means i might have to start from scratch!
                  i can now get the form up, and fill it in, but it won't send, and i'm not sure if it's because i've got 2 domains.

i have my main bv domain, but the site i'm working on is an add-on. everything connected to it is in that sites main bank of files.

how should i have logged in when initially installing? i put my main domain in for most things- as that's what all the fields seemed to request, and it tied in with the database etc..

will it be easier for me to uninstall all the ABVFP bits and start again?
                  how exactly do i install for an addon site?

also, i would have registered, but i can't get that option on screen anymore...so i can't get support that way at the moment.
                  i might end up having to scrounge some cash off mum to get this set up after all...

what should i do next to fix this??

many thanks
                  sharon
                  www.gemporium.biz/Yourphotos.html
                  cheers muchly,
                  Sharon Simmons

Comment

If this is an addon domain, you could have installed ABVFP in that addon domain
                    However, even if you have installed it in your main domain, this is not a problem
                    In order to provide specific instructions, let me know if the ABVFP folder is in a subfolder of your public_html or in your public_html/gemporium.biz folder.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

HI,

it's currently in both because i thought i'd dare not remove one
                      it's in main public_html, and public/gem.biz.

i've been trolling through the page as i've been getting errors...purely by luck, i can now get the form to work, but it gives the error page not set up right...and i really can't see where anymore.

ideally i'd like it all in gem.biz, but the error page only shows if i diect to main public file ie- the sjs...com
                      do you need any more details?

thanks for this...and i shall register(somehow?), and do my donation right after i get my first paying uploader! i promise!!

sharon
                      cheers muchly,
                      Sharon Simmons

Comment

But, where did you install it ? I don't think you installed it on both folders!! To be able to help, i need to enter your account. If you wish, send me your details and i will look at it.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

hi,
                          i have sent you the details via your db contact form..if there's more you need let me know...it's a bit of a muddle in there because i've been too scared to remove anything now i've got bits working..

the link to form page is
                          www.gemporium.biz/contactformG.html

thanks,
                          sharon
                          cheers muchly,
                          Sharon Simmons

Comment

Ok, fixed. You have mail.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

hi,
                              i know you're really busy with all of us incompetants, and appreciate the time you take to help us out-
                              but i'm still not getting this . i know you've said the form's working, and email is too, but it won't work on my pc, my daughters laptop, or even my mum's pc.
                              i'm not getting emails connected to an upload...i'm still not even seeing the correct form page despite the correct url. the page i get still has incorrect field extensions- despite a correct version being published numerous times to the correct folder.

how is it working for you, and not on our 3 pc's? i just don't get it? i've been trying to get this going since friday, but it just won't work...

without getting this bit working, i can't begin to start banging my head against the wall for the upload limits, database and email problems...and although i'm really not looking forward to that either, it's the one thing i need working on my site..without the upload form the site is redundant.

what have i overlooked? or what isn't being directed the right place??

i'm not dumb- i have some very high qualifications, but all this is making me feel like a 5 year old- it's not a nice feeling, i must say!

looking forward to getting this 100% sorted sometime soon, please

many thanks
                              sharon
                              cheers muchly,
                              Sharon Simmons

Comment

Working...
                              X