Redirect a page to a .ie domain in Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirect a page to a .ie domain in Ireland

Have put a site together on BlueVoda and want to publicise it in Ireland, I own a .ie account (dksolutions.ie) and have a hosting facility. however I have no Idea how to redirect my index page from my .info account.

page in question resides at www.dksolutions.info/candidateindex.html please ignore any spelling mistakes, I will have someone proof read it later.

All help greatly appreciated

DaveK (Confused in Dublin)

Re: Redirect a page to a .ie domain in Ireland

click the below...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks but I tried that and it didnt seem to work.
      The (target) domain name I own is dksolutions.ie but I have never put anything onto this domain it is just lying idol.

Am I doing something wrong ???

Comment

Why dont you just change the name servers of dksolutions.ie and it will
        work on your VodaHost account...I really do not understand what you are
        tryin g to accomplish.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sorry I really have no idea what that means, I am a complete novice and am flying by the seat of my pants. What I am trying to acheive is as follows.

I want to be able to publicise/advertise my site as dksolutions.ie
          the reason for this is because all of the content on my site is to do with the market in Ireland, specifically Dublin and a .ie domain name is specifically Irish and more acceptable to the Dublin Market.

Dont know if that clarifies my aims. All help appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Confused in Dublin
            Sorry I really have no idea what that means, I am a complete novice and am flying by the seat of my pants. What I am trying to acheive is as follows.

I want to be able to publicise/advertise my site as dksolutions.ie
            the reason for this is because all of the content on my site is to do with the market in Ireland, specifically Dublin and a .ie domain name is specifically Irish and more acceptable to the Dublin Market.

Dont know if that clarifies my aims. All help appreciated
            Due to national Legislation in most countries, you have to register your domain in your country. BUT this doesn't mean that you have to host with them, even though you have already paid. You can change the server names on your account in Ireland and put in the Voda server, then you create an addon domain for dksolutions.ie IN YOUR INFO ACCOUNT and so you can host both dksolutions.info AND dksolutions.ie on your Vodahost account
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for that Naval Design. Going to go take a look at the info I received when I registered for hosting in Ireland. Not sure where I find the server names or how to change them so may be back with more questions.

Once again thank you for now.

DaveK
              Confused in Dublin

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                Due to national Legislation in most countries, you have to register your domain in your country. BUT this doesn't mean that you have to host with them, even though you have already paid. You can change the server names on your account in Ireland and put in the Voda server, then you create an addon domain for dksolutions.ie IN YOUR INFO ACCOUNT and so you can host both dksolutions.info AND dksolutions.ie on your Vodahost account

Hi Again, Had a look at my hostireland account and found name servers
                NS1.HOSTIRELAND.COM & NS2.HOSTIRELAND.COM.

If I want to transfere my .ie account to host on Vodahost what should I change these to??
                And will a .ie account function on Vodahost (Probably a silly question)

Thanks for the help, great to converse with a fellow european.

DaveK
                Confused in Dublin

Comment

Originally posted by Confused in Dublin
                  Hi Again, Had a look at my hostireland account and found name servers
                  NS1.HOSTIRELAND.COM & NS2.HOSTIRELAND.COM.

If I want to transfere my .ie account to host on Vodahost what should I change these to??
                  And will a .ie account function on Vodahost (Probably a silly question)

Thanks for the help, great to converse with a fellow european.

DaveK
                  Confused in Dublin
                  Hi Dave,

it's a pleasure for me too. With your Welcome email, Vodahost must have sent you the server names. It will however be something like ns7.vodahost.com and ns8.vodahost.com . 7 and 8 are example numbers.

Your .ie domain name is simply a domain name, not an account. It will work on any hosting company server as long as your registrar puts the correct server names in their database. . Please allow me to say that you've made a bargain joining Voda. Welcome to the Family !
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Dave
                    I am reading all this with great interest as I also live in Dublin (about 10 miles from Loughshinny in D9) which as you know is not far from you.
                    I also intend to have my .ie domain point to my .com account once I have the website designed etc so you are saving me having to ask questions !!

Naval Design man - you are helping everyone - do you do any work !!

Comment

Thank you to Naval Design and Hi to the man in Santry, might meet up at some stage for a pint of the blackstuff

Cheers
                      DaveK
                      Confused in Dublin

Comment

Working...
                      X