error 404 after publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error 404 after publishing

Hi, I am a newbie to all of this. After ( successful) publishing my website and some of the other sites, I only can see the index page. If i click on the menu ( i.e. MineralsBH, about us, shipping etc.) I only get error message 404.
    my site is www.brokenhillminerals.com

Did I do something wrong in naming the buttons and everything else in the navigation bar menu ?
    Do I have to name the Home Button always as http://www.brokenhillminerals.com/index.html or without index.html ?
    I have been searching for my mistakes and reading this forum for hours now and it seems that I just can't find it. Or think of it. ( like sitting in a nutshell.....
    Your help will be appriciated as I can't think of anything else.
    Thanks Sandra

Re: error 404 after publishing

When you do links you its http://www.youdomain.com you do not add index.html on your buttons you can call it home just link how it is how I wrote it to do additional pages is http://www.yourdomain.com/additionalpage.html
    yourdomain>whatever your domain is
    additionapages>whatever you have named your pge for linking
    hope this helps.
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

You have a " / " added after .html (i.e. .html/)
      Remove that and you should be good to go. Try it on one page.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Yes I know and I 've fixed it already. Although first I had it right and in one of the tutorials I saw that someone put an "/" after the html. I thought that would be my problem. I saved the pages and published again.Thanks ! But now my index page seems to link to my buttons. At least I can open the other pages by clicking on those different buttons.
        www.brokenhillminerals.com
        Another problem: I can't find my published pages in the file manager ( control panel). Why is that ?
        Also, when I type in my webpage name in the address bar of my browser my index page opens up but the title ( Broken Hill Minerals) does not appear in the logo frame instead it appears "shipping" .......????? Or the other way around or so. After my last try of publishing all my pages have the header " Minerals of Broken Hill", in the logo-frame that is.
        Any explanation ????
        I really need help, please ......!!!!
        Thanks so much !

Comment

"But now my index page seems to link to my buttons. At least I can open the other pages by clicking on those different buttons."
          I'm not sure what you are asking here??????
          Personally, I don't like the fact that I have to return to the home page to navigate to another page.
          Regarding your payment message "PayPal Preferred".....Why not complete your PP accouint to accept credit cards also. There is no fee to initiate this.
          You will find your published files inside your public_html folder inside the CPanel File Manager
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

My question or problem was/is that if I have published a site I can't see it on the internet. I always get an error message "http404". I just republished 3 more sites and I can't find them.( same error message ) But not to worry. I think it just takes a while. Maybe tomorrow they will be there. As I found out with my other pages too.
            Yes you are right. I just fixed it. I included a navigation menu in each and every page. Thanks for the hint !
            I am still thinking about PP account .
            But thanks a lot for the help. To everyone!
            Sandra

Comment

Here's your Books page:
              h t t p ://www.brokenhillminerals.com/Books.html
              but your links are to
              h t t p ://www.brokenhillminerals.com/books.html
              I didn't check all your links, but save your pages with lower case letters and republish and the links will work.
              Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
              Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
              Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Everything is fine and works perfectly now. Thanks again for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                X