Viewing Colorful Text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing Colorful Text?

Ok, I'm a little new to the forums, but I have been using the Website Builder for a few months now and I've been working on my website. I've also used the search function before writing this, so if there is an answer please direct me to it =)
    Anyway...
    The site I am creating is an ebook site (it's about 20% done...still a long way to go, but you can see a preview of it at www.andrewsebooks.org).

Now, on my site people can download ebooks for free, but currently I only have the titles of the books there. What I want to do is also add a preview button next to the download button, that way you can read the first few paragraphs of the ebook you want to download.
    So far, what I have for this preview button is just a text link that opens up a .txt file in a popup window. The text file that opens up contains the first few paragraphs. The only problem is, it's...just a text file...there's nothing special about it. Just boring text, no colors or anything. This is what I want to change.
    Is it possible for me to open up...say...a rich text format file? or a word document?
    Now, remember, when they click on the preview link I don't want them to download the preview...I want it to come up in the popup window.
    I think I explained this pretty clearly, but if you still have any questions feel free to ask!

Any help is appreciated!

- Korbman

Re: Viewing Colorful Text?

You could put it in a word document. But I think it would be better if the preview were in a .pdf format.
    Hope that helps, good luck!
    P V WebSolutions

Comment

Re: Viewing Colorful Text?

yes, that is what I've been trying to accomplish though. I want it so that when you click the link a...let's just say...word document opens up right there in the popup window. When I've tried it, however, it always attempts to download the word document.
      Now I do know one alternative method, and that would be for me to create a very simple html document that opens up. It is feasible, but quite time consuming considering I would have to make a few hundred of these html files...but if worse comes to worse that is what I will end up doing.

Comment

Working...
      X