Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VodaHits Search Engine Submission Link Check

Folks,

When I run the link checking tool on my VodaHits search engine submission account, it tells me I have at least one broken (Amazon) link on most of my pages.......some pages have more than one broken link...... but when I visit the relevant page and click the links, they all work.

Can someone tell me what's going on please and if I need to take any action.

My site is www.classic-bike-imports.com

Thanks in advance

Re: VodaHits Search Engine Submission Link Check

not sure how it is broken...

On home page, I used books as a search word and it worked...then went back and clicked on the black text box below search box and it worked...and checked random ads and Amazon search boxes throughout your site...they work, BUT...

some open new window (best option to keep your customer on your site)...but most of them open in same window (not so good for you).

Why not so good?

...because these links are buy now and once they check out, they will be unable to just click the back browser button to get back to your site with ease. Making it easier on your viewer is the goal.

To fix this link, you would add a space and target="blank" into the link as shown in Red:

<A HREF="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070 822%2FUS%2Fclasbikeimpo-20%2F8010%2Fd5c09b7d-b977-4a58-8754-8258b56f94d5&Operation=NoScript" target="blank">Amazon.com Widgets</A>

However, I am not qualified to help you with the "why is it considered a broken link?" part of your post.

Good Luck
    Karen Williams
    Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Working...
    X