Need help with editing pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with editing pages

I feel like a moron asking for help on this, but I'm having issues with naming my pages in Soholaunch. I went through the wizard to create the pages, and in the tutorials it said that later on you can change the name of your pages. Well, I'm not seeing how that is possible. Please help me lol.

ID # 23903
    Brian

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks."

www.schompinsurance.com

Re: Need help with editing pages

nevermind figured it out thank you. You just go to create new pages. Delete the ones you made in Wizard. And there you go.
    Brian

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks."

www.schompinsurance.com

Comment

You could also go to the page you created.. click on properties... and change the title and when you save.. save as.. new name.. then all of the content is still there.. then delete the old one

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hello, am new here and will be happy if i can get someone to help me edit my page...lol..

Comment

Originally posted by waju View Post
          hello, am new here and will be happy if i can get someone to help me edit my page...lol..
          You should always start your own thread do not jump someone elses, this is very rude. Start your own thread and tell us what you mean by edit your page?
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

LOL no biggie i'm not mad. But thanks you're right tha is another way to do it. Now i'm having other issues. I wanted to change my domain that I really haven't done anything to for a long time. affordabledreamgetaways.com to schompinsurance.com because I would just like to make a website for my business. Well, I couldn't figure out how to do that and I didn't want my visitors to see a schompinsurance.affordabledreamgetaways.com in their address bar because when you addon domain then that's what it will say. So I spent 19.00 just bought another domain, but when I go into it, it has some other page on it.( schompinsurance.com) I'm wanting to create a page using soholaunch. But if I go into schompinsurance.com/sohoadmin, well that's not working either. Again i'm new at this and i'm having some serious issues LOL.. Please help.
            Brian

www.schompinsurance.com

Comment

If you bought your domain from BV the other page you are seeing is just a place holder until you publish your site to it. I haven't used soholaunch but I would assume that you would publish the same way you did for your other site just to the new domain. Search the threads for add-on domains I know there are several posts as to how to publish.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.marseillesyouthsports.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net
              How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

You have to first create the addon domain.. then install soholaunch into it from fantastico.. THEN you can login to it. And that page that is showing there.. is because the domain isnt pointed to your server.. you have to login and point it to the hosting server where you installed soholaunch.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Karen, but only problem is that I can bungle my way around trying to figure that out. I'm still new at this and I need direction LOL, like click here, go here, type this. Sorry but once I start getting into this more i'll be able to do things without direction. Starting off though as I am I need it :)
                  Brian

www.schompinsurance.com

Comment

Well Im sorry BS.,.. I need you to follow some common sense and help yourself. Like read the tutorials... thats why they are there.. ! I dont mind doing some click here, do this ..click there.. but I expect that you do some of the work yourself. I just outlined what to click..cpanel, create addon domain, cpanel, fantastico, install soho,:vbs..manage domains. All this is explained in detail.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

LOL ok Karen. I did do some of that stuff I went to Cpanel and did addon domain, then I used search to search for fantastico and i went into that to download the soholaunch but it's really not showing how to download it in the file. I'm really confused on this one. I click on the soholaunch_Pro_edition and it brings up in that the name of my other domain, affordabledreamgetaways.com. I'm unsure what to do from there. So i just clicked on that and changed the name to schompinsurance.com then what??
                      Brian

www.schompinsurance.com

Comment

You cant install soho twice on the same account. They only give you one free instance.. so.. you will either have to uninstall the first installation and use something else to build the site..and install it on this.. or buy a second account.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok I see what you mean, but i'm still having issues with publishing it. I went in and pointed it to the server, but it's still not working. This is so frusterating!!
                          Brian

www.schompinsurance.com

Comment

well soho is a live builder.. you dont publish.. you just save. Did you do the wizard at installation? I think the problem is .. you are tryin to rename it and you can just do that.. you have to uninstall..and then install to a new domain..

Put in a support ticket for an account reset and start over.. I see the apache server now.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                            X