the Phantom form replies!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Phantom form replies!!!!!!

O.K. I have been recieving what I have started to call phantom form replies! We keep recieving blank replies from our web forms...the problem is I took down my two unsuccessful attempts at creating a web form as they didn't work a long time ago.... So my website doesn't have any web forms on it and yet we are still getting blank webforms coming through....creepy! Anyone know what I can do to stop this happening?
    Ruth
    www.mowcopchurch.com

Re: the Phantom form replies!!!!!!

The problem is that some jerk copied your form and is now sending spam through that form............

Navaldesign could give you more info, as I have been away too long to stay up to date.

When you removed the form, did you also delete the files from your website?¿ as just republishing means that the action.php or whatever would still be live.......
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

how do I delete files from my website? And (as I am now re-trying to build a new form how do I stop someone sending spam from it?
      Thanks for you help
      Ruth

Comment

David was mentioning the script that you had (in the past) pasted in your Thank you or action page. You ned to delete that page.
        If you make a new form, use the new form wizard, and opt for the built in form processor.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          David was mentioning the script that you had (in the past) pasted in your Thank you or action page. You ned to delete that page.
          If you make a new form, use the new form wizard, and opt for the built in form processor.
          Thankyou for your advice...I know it sounds dense but how do I delete old pages that are already published from a website?

ruth
          mowcopchurch.com

Comment

Connect with FTP, and find your file that you want to delete. Select it and just press Delete
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

You can go into your control panel and delete the files in your public_html or through ftp manager. Either way will work. Once you find the offending file just delete it.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.marseillesyouthsports.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net
              How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks will get on and do that now.
                ruth
                www.mowcopchurch.com