Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• says its published but cant see it on the internet need HELP

Hi ,
    I published my pages. It says it is published OK. I checked the control panel and my files are up there. They are named. i have put the .html at the end. But i cant see them on the internet. Funnily 4 pages are viewable the rest ar'nt. I cant figure it out. Some one said try hitting the F5. I tried that a couple of time. no change. WHat do I do next?? Please help this first timer!!
    One more thing on the form page there is some htnl code ( i think) on the top of the page dont know what it means or how its come up there. what to do?
    this is my site www.summersands.in
    sigpicwww.summersands.in

Re: says its published but cant see it on the internet need HELP

I see your site just fine, your home page is too wide set the page properties to 88 to 1000 wide. some of your pages open in different windows, its a bit confusing having yor menus in different places on most pages. You should make them all the same so the user is not having to hunt for them. Some of you menus bars slide put but you cannot read them as they over lap the text on the page. Just a few things I found for you to work on, Good Luck.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks for the pointers working on them.. I too realised the hunting part. ya got to fix that. But did you see all my pages?? i got to open only 5 of them. I cant see the others!!
      sigpicwww.summersands.in

Comment

By the way D'son, i checked the page properties and the width is only 800 and fits just inside my browser. I dont now why it is showing such width on the internet. Somethings wrong ? Did you see the form page it has some grabled stuff on top, how do i get rid of it??
        sigpicwww.summersands.in

Comment

Hi

I cannot see your Conference, Facilities, and Gallery pages. When I click on them it says page not displayed. Also, under the sub menus for About and Tariffs, I cannot see any of these either.
          www.psnutrition.co.uk
          Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

Ok, both of your forms should be php's not html's, go back and change the types to php and make sure they are multipart-formdata. many of your links still do not work and most of the ones that do open in different windows (some as pop-ups) have them all open in the same window. On the menu at the bottom of your page, under about us there are several links that slide down but are broken. Not really sure why they are there, they are not in the about us link at the side of the page. You need to go back and systematically go over each page, check all the links (click tools/verify links) then check that they all open correctly, and check the names that you saved them as (write them down exactly).
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks Ed.
              I checked it is checked on the box that says use built in PHP form ...
              I did add the multiformpart and published it again, but there are no changes. Where do i say it is a PHP and not HTML. I db clicked on the form and made these changes. Do i do them elsewhere??
              will check the links. i am able to see the other pages now. the only problems are with the links and form page.
              Do let me now on the form page how do I set it right
              Thanks a ton and God bless.
              sigpicwww.summersands.in

Comment

i have some lines above my form page at www.summersands.in/form.html
                i dont know how they came up there or how to take them off. Can anyone help me out with this.
                Thank you so much in advance.
                sigpicwww.summersands.in

Comment

Make sure your Contact page and your Confirmation pages are saved and published in the proper format: HTML or PHP.

Obviously, one is in the wrong format. (Re-save the page as PHP, re-publish)
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

oh thanks i figured how to get the php on, & remove the lines on top of the form. thanks Ed, yes you had told me so, somehow i coudnt get it. now i have. gosh sometimes one really feels dum, but then this is new to me. so its a good learning process !
                    sigpicwww.summersands.in

Comment

vasili, if the form page in in php does the error and success pages also have to be in PHP though there is no forms on that page. now the form is working but the eror or sucess pages dont follow!
                      sigpicwww.summersands.in

Comment

Originally posted by onionpai View Post
                        oh thanks i figured how to get the php on, & remove the lines on top of the form. thanks Ed, yes you had told me so, somehow i coudnt get it. now i have. gosh sometimes one really feels dum, but then this is new to me. so its a good learning process !
                        FOUR HOURS ago, and still posting? Hmmmmmm.....

Comment

well i took a break( doing my regular work ) in betwen. whats the hmmmmmm about??
                          sigpicwww.summersands.in

Comment

Actually, it was 13 hours ago Ed gave you the solution (my mistake). What was the "Hmmmm" about? Trying to understand why it took so long to sink in (break or not), why the continued posting, and why you could not find the solution by reading the 22 threads in the Forums on the same subject in the last nine days --- which would have saved you a lot of time and allowed you to progress without delay.

Hmmmmm....... seems to be a consistent disconnect. I wonder if the Tutorials are not clear enough (for BV10), or if there is a process drop that can be addressed to arrest this wall everyone seems to run into.....

Any suggestions? Ramp up the Forum Search somehow? Re-do the Tutorials? Tweak BV itself?? Hmmmm??

Comment

ya i know doing too many things at the same time. I finally read the tutorials and it sunk in as you say. need to be more focused i guess.
                              now please tell me if the error and success pages need PHP as well??
                              Is there some rule about cont posting. well i am sorry about that.
                              sigpicwww.summersands.in

Comment

Working...
                              X