PDA

View Full Version : publish new page

Hawkeyenz
08-03-2008, 02:01 AM
My site is WWW.newlifeinternational.info (http://www.newlifeinternational.info)
I have a sub page called Solomons.
I uploaded the page with pics and it was fine. I have since added a report on the same page and although it seems to upload and then shows on the preview with the pics and the written report, when I go into the site from internet the written report is missing and only the photos show.
What could be wrong?..thanks for helping. The page has been saved.
You can get into the Solomons page by going to main main and under the photo there are the words "read report.". That will take you to the site I have mentioned.

davidundalicia
08-03-2008, 02:15 AM
Hi Hawkeyenz,
Viewed the errant page and there is no sign of the report, not even when I view the source code.
Did you publish that page......as you mentioned upload ?¿?¿

btw: your pics on that page load so slowly, you need to cut down on the K size of them....use the free pic resizer.

Hawkeyenz
08-03-2008, 02:56 AM
thanks David..Ill try that and yess the page did publish...

davidundalicia
08-03-2008, 03:30 AM
You mention "sub page"...did you mean just another page?¿
I also noticed that solomons pagename started with a capital S

check your spelling in the link to the errant page.

Hawkeyenz
08-03-2008, 03:41 AM
I made the pics smaller and republished the page again....it says "published successfully" but when I go onto the net to see it.....still hasnt changed.
yes sub page as in just another page.
link spelling is ok.

davidundalicia
08-03-2008, 03:45 AM
That just does not make sense.....if a page was published and you got the page published message, then its on your web somewhere.

Where is the point..........

use your BV FTP or the file manager in your control panel and look for any file or files with that name.......

journey462001
08-03-2008, 05:14 AM
i have learned, mostly the hard way, that it is really important to be very specific in the forums
i have learned from many here to take a deep breath and take care to give all the pertinent info, such as what types of files, and step by step your actions

you already know exactly how you did it (or not) but we don't

my question's:
what type of file is the report?
i could not figure out how to get to soloman's page from your instructions
main main? do i click on the flags? do i run my curser over the whole page hoping to encounter a link?
don't be discouraged, just my experience, maybe others didn't have that problem

so i'll just add this:

try to "save page as" before publishing.
sometimes just "saving" doesn't work for me.

good luck!