Getting a 404 error message.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a 404 error message.

Hi I am getting a 404 error message on my blog when I hit the read more button. I usually put the first paragraph on the front page and do a page break so that it doesn't take up the whole page. I noticed this when I put in a new post just now.
    I am also getting the same error message when I go into the archive section.

When I go into WP dashboard, everything is there and can be edited. I really don't know what is going on.

Can anybody help please.

Ian
    Ian
    Web Graphics, eBook Covers, Headers, and Buttons
    ImageWizard.biz

Re: Getting a 404 error message.

your link is not pointing to the right file. Check your spelling, use of caps, or spaces (which you can not have) somewhere the name of the file and the link do not match.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

No that cannot be as they were working before. Also the page break is put into the post so that the link is automatically generated. All the links have been working for up to two years it has only just happened.
      Ian
      ImageWizard.biz

Comment

Hi everyone,
        KarenMac found the answer to the problem it is :-

2. If you need/want the index.php to be there, then on the Settings->Permalinks screen, add some values in for the category and tag bases. The words "category" and "tag" will do just fine. As long as they are not blank, this should work around the bug.

Hope this helps

Ian
        Ian
        ImageWizard.biz

Comment

Working...
        X