How to create MASTER PAGES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create MASTER PAGES

Hi, I'm in the process of creating my site. I want to have a home page that will remain the same throughout the site, that is the top, lefthand side and the righthand side remaining the same. The only changes on the other pages will be content in a middle section.
    How do I create a MASTER PAGE (my Home pg) that I can use for all the other pages. I also, from time to time want to make changes to the Master Pg and have these changes apply to all of the following pages. Is this possible?
    Thank you.

Re: How to create MASTER PAGES

It's called a TEMPLATE, and Blue Voda allows you to select from the following options:
    1. Download a VodaHost Free Template pre-formatted for use in Blue Voda (you can customize everything on top of the Template);
    2. Create you own Template design, and use the CLONE function to *******te throughout yur site page-top-page;

In addition, if not using Blue Voda, Premium Templates are available for you to use if your chosen foundation is HTML, CSS, HTML+CSS, Flash, SwishFlash, Flash8 or one of the many other software-based formats out there.

To learn how to install, use, and tweak templates in Blue Voda, do a SEARCH of these forums to bring up the countless threads that have answered this issue previously to find the best suited solution for your application.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ok...slow down on the posting...One Issue=One Thread...we all have times we are here to help...we are not paid, except by KARMA, which is the only one that counts...MEANING=Kindness is Contagious, Pay It Forward!!!

Check the times on the posts to see when the good ones are available...don't be insulted...just take a moment to look.

I am not the *****est tool in THIS shed but if you create the page layout that you want in bv, then save as template....you can open new page from template (choose the one you want if you have downloaded others) and save as the name of page you are creating. Then all you have to do is edit the content.

However, if you want the content to go to all pages, then you will have to study and learn the gist of this thread: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ge-bv-php.html

If you already know about css style sheets then this is what you need to do, if not, the link above is a good place to start and works like MAGIC in BV!
      Karen Williams
      Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

ok . here is how u do it . when your making you home page . make it but before u add the stuff in the middle save it as clone or somthing other name then index . ok
        then you fell the home page with wat ever you like . then u load the clone . and fill the middle again with second page . that way you well have the same look and the same size on the first page . . .

Comment

page = save as clone
          clone load = fill = save as index
          load clone again = save as news
          load clone again = save as review and that thats how do it aany??

Comment

Originally posted by sinankoja View Post
            ok . here is how u do it ....
            Well, that's a bit of overkill: it's best to let others "learn by doing" and according to the resources available to all rather than simply allowing the habit of not becoming personally enabled to form, you think?
            Give a hungry man a fish and you feed him for the day: teach him to fish and you feed him for the rest of his life.

Blue Voda Tutorials (all of them)
            Read It - How to plan your website.- MUST READ!!!
            Read It - How to name your websites pages.
            Read it - How to install templates into BlueVoda - MUST READ!!!
            Creating your own templates from scratch
            Adding a BlueVoda template to your webpage - MUST WATCH
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X